Calibration Track Bug first reported 8/2 still occurring.

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

rgedaly

Calibration Track Bug first reported 8/2 still occurring.

Post by rgedaly »

Multiple times this weekend, I have clicked on the track of an obvious calibration movie. But instead of getting the confirmation pop-up box, the next movie displays, and registers an incorrect calibration. I think it's the same movie each time, but I didn't record the i.d. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Update: I found this problem reported in another forum which has been locked. The Stardust Team reported the bug as being fixed, but I'm still encountering it as of Aug. 20th.

Based on a familar-looking screenshot sent in by another viewer, I think the bad calibration movie is 10635A. If it happens again, I'll confirm the i.d.
NuclearFan

Post by NuclearFan »

Hi,

i think the problem you have is exactly the same which happened to me today. The "thing" looked every time exactly like the §"track" shown in "examples" and whether i marked it as track or not (unfortunately, i had to decide for just one possibility but i´ve got the feeling even if i had marked the other possibility it would have been incorrect...), i got a count as incorrectly answered calibration movie.
So, is there a technical problem with even more calibration movies or am i just to stupid for this?
snhunter

Post by snhunter »

Yes i agree, i got several incorrect answers while i'm quite sure my answer was right.
For example movie #5264796 is an obvious calibration movie with a trace in it but according to the server the correct answer was "no trace". :shock:
Aqualung

Post by Aqualung »

I have got this error as well. It started yesterday 22/8 and is still there today 23/8. I checked calibration Movie id: 2720606V1 which like ALL the others with an obvious track has been counted as an incorrect identification.

My specificity is showing as 100% and
sensitivity is showing as 36%.

It does not bother me as such except if I did find a genuine track would it be rejected because it is found by someone with a sensitivity of 36%.

Answer please?
Too old to Rock 'n' Roll, Too young to die.
albutterworth
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by albutterworth »

Aqualung

You have to click exactly (within 30 pixels) on the track to be scored correctly. On this particular occasion you were 45 pixels out, which is why this calibration was counted as incorrect.

I hope this helps you improve your sensitivity score in the future.
Stardust@home
Useful Links: | Aerogel Scanning Progress | Forum Rules |
Aqualung

Post by Aqualung »

Found out what the problem is. I was using my laptop with a widescreen display. Now using a standard screen size and problem has been corrected.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Too old to Rock 'n' Roll, Too young to die.