Why isn't the Stardust@home Team responding to my questions?

Frequently Asked Questions

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Why isn't the Stardust@home Team responding to my questions?

Post by bmendez »

Q: Why isn't the Stardust@home Team responding quickly to my questions?

A:
We are a small team. This is not a huge NASA project with hundreds of staff and millions of dollars. The core team at UC Berkeley working on Stardust@home numbers about 6, each of whom have responsibilities beyond Stardust@home (and personal lives too). We are made up of scientists, students, and computer techs.

We read the forums and our emails to see what issues people are having as they search. Our first priority is to get the system functioning properly. There have been many technical glitches in the first week of operation.

We are not able to answer each email or question individually, especially since the same issues and questions are brought up over and over again. Plus, we may not know the answer right away. We prioritize issues starting with security and project integrity, and move down the list as best we can.

We ask that you please not contact individual Stardust@home Team members asking them to review individual movies. We are reviewing the top rated movies as fast as we can and the My Events status will be updated in due course.

We use the FAQs forum here in the message board to address the most frequently asked questions. You should always read through the FAQs before posting a new question.

We greatly appreciate your participation in this project and want the experience to be a fun one. We greatly value your feedback and strive to improve the project as we go along. We are listening! (to polite suggestions :wink:)

Thank you for your continued patience.
BIGAL

Post by BIGAL »

May I suggest that somebody from the team post a daily update of what's going on. Doesn't have to be a book. Seems like the biggest complaint is just being in the dark. I would think that the update forum would be the best place for it.
ernobius

Post by ernobius »

I agree to Bigal.
And could we help somehow? For example if a group of experienced dusters would respond to some questions written to the team(which aren't in the FAQ). Or could we help sort the messages? I think at least half of them can be find at FAQ, so this group of volunteers could reply to the asker where to look for the answer. So the Team would have more time for the important things.
uniwersytet

Post by uniwersytet »

agree with Ernobius
LauraJackson

Re: Why isn't the Stardust@home Team responding to my questi

Post by LauraJackson »

That is understandable.
People needs to be more patient. It's hard to be online 24/7 and answer all the questions. I am a webmaster at this site called instantz and I keep getting people bashing at me for why not answer them quickly. -_-
bmendez wrote:Q: Why isn't the Stardust@home Team responding quickly to my questions?

A:
We are a small team. This is not a huge NASA project with hundreds of staff and millions of dollars. The core team at UC Berkeley working on Stardust@home numbers about 6, each of whom have responsibilities beyond Stardust@home (and personal lives too). We are made up of scientists, students, and computer techs.

We read the forums and our emails to see what issues people are having as they search. Our first priority is to get the system functioning properly. There have been many technical glitches in the first week of operation.

We are not able to answer each email or question individually, especially since the same issues and questions are brought up over and over again. Plus, we may not know the answer right away. We prioritize issues starting with security and project integrity, and move down the list as best we can.

We ask that you please not contact individual Stardust@home Team members asking them to review individual movies. We are reviewing the top rated movies as fast as we can and the My Events status will be updated in due course.

We use the FAQs forum here in the message board to address the most frequently asked questions. You should always read through the FAQs before posting a new question.

We greatly appreciate your participation in this project and want the experience to be a fun one. We greatly value your feedback and strive to improve the project as we go along. We are listening! (to polite suggestions :wink:)

Thank you for your continued patience.