"There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

caprarom

Re: "There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post by caprarom »

Here's another problem PM - 4241772V1. It's supposedly a 2-pointer, and the track does seem obvious leaving the screen at the upper edge, but I got it "wrong." There are no Y coordinate markers, and the X coordinate markers seem shifted to the right of the actual feature. The true coordinates (to me) look like about 90/0; but the X coordinate marker is at 125-150, well right of the track.

It seems like some of the "problem" PMs that had been removed in earlier phases have been reintroduced in this phase, in some cases without having been corrected.

Mike
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Dear Mike and Lily,

Thanks for pointing out these latest issues, mainly:

1. Low value points for difficult to find tracks.
2. Tracks with no X or Y coordinates (which we've seen before).

At the moment, I'm not sure if these represent major system-wide problems, or just isolated cases. They may even be related (e.g., #1 above is a result of #2 if easy tracks are somehow shifted off the screen).

Any thoughts from your points of view?

Dan
Digi421

Post by Digi421 »

I've just been presented with this movie: http://aerogel.ssl.berkeley.edu/powermi ... 2&theY=346

First, the lowest "levels" seem to show a different slide than the upper levels. And then there's a track to the left, a little above middle, which I clicked but was missed.
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Wow, Digi, I think that's the first one of those I've seen this phase. It is rare switching gel segments in the same movie, and only once before have I seen one that was also a PM. The X & Y coordinate markers for this one do seem correct. There is a faint/subtle vertical "track" at those coordinates - one of the shadowy types.

Dan, no further thoughts on the "problem" PMs mentioned previously. Probably not worth the team's time trying to correct all of them, but we'll keep pointing them out if you want us to do so. They just present additional opportunities to claw one's way back up the skill level after such an unfortunate encounter.

Mike C.
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

OK, here's an 18-rated PM that seems to me harder than most 75-80 pointers I've seen. Good luck spotting this one. http://aerogel.ssl.berkeley.edu/powermi ... 20&theY=-5
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Thanks for the posts, we're looking at these issues right now.

Dan
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Here's another one, Dan, that seems to be mismarked. http://aerogel.ssl.berkeley.edu/powermi ... 6&theY=184 shows the coordinates 156/184, but the track is actually at about 110/300. It's an easy 5-pointer, so that really hurts the skill score and ego.
voyager1682002

Post by voyager1682002 »

Here's another one - 31099V1 (18 Points) Y coordinate = 382??

Lily
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Well, I've missed this 15-pointer twice now, and although my skill score takes the expected hit, when I go to the events log to check it out, it says something like, "Congratulations, you've missed no power movies this current session!" Anyone else care to try? http://aerogel.ssl.berkeley.edu/myevent ... =2354763V1
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hi, Cap, I have searched all over your focus movie and cannot find a track---much less a 15 pointer! I've also had the message, "no missed movies." But, I found that by waiting an hour or so, it will appear. I really like the look of the new Phase VII. A few bugs, but I've adjusted to them. Perhaps another duster can find the track in your posted movie, or maybe DanZ will clue us in. Nice hearing from you, Evelyn ERSTRS, Smith ES
Screen shot 2014-10-22 at 7.29.57 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-10-22 at 7.29.57 AM.png (108.8 KiB) Viewed 36054 times
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Thanks for looking, Evelyn. If I run into it again, I'll try re-checking the events page later.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

I think the "missed movies this session" calculator runs at intervals, so yes, they may not get listed immediately in your "My Events" page. But regarding this track (and the others posted above), they're a mess! Thanks for posting, I will investigate.

Dan
voyager1682002

Post by voyager1682002 »

Here is another off the screen track - 7018842V - 75 points

Lily
Last edited by voyager1682002 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Thanks, Lily. Here's a similar one, http://aerogel.ssl.berkeley.edu/powermi ... 6&theY=124, but off the left edge. The X coordinate is minus 36. If you click on the visible feature as I did, you "miss" an 8-pointer. Mike
voyager1682002

Post by voyager1682002 »

caprarom wrote:Thanks, Lily. Here's a similar one, http://aerogel.ssl.berkeley.edu/powermi ... 6&theY=124, but off the left edge. The X coordinate is minus 36. If you click on the visible feature as I did, you "miss" an 8-pointer. Mike
That's worst, Mike. I think it should be worth 80 points!