"There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

voyager1682002

Re: "There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post by voyager1682002 »

caprarom wrote:I think I missed that one too, Lily. It's tough to see, but it's there. Try about a 250% zoom. If you go much bigger, it blurs, and much smaller it's darn hard to spot.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I see it! It's a very tough one! :shock:
voyager1682002

Post by voyager1682002 »

This power movie (80 points) has no horizontal red markers

6579977V1
voyager1682002

Post by voyager1682002 »

Here's another one : 2589034V1 (75 Points)
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Wow, Lily, they seem to like you. By the way, my relatively new daughter-in-law from Jakarta has a sister named Lily, and my daughter-in-law's name, Susyna, also means Lily. Regards,
Mike C.
voyager1682002

Post by voyager1682002 »

caprarom wrote:Wow, Lily, they seem to like you. By the way, my relatively new daughter-in-law from Jakarta has a sister named Lily, and my daughter-in-law's name, Susyna, also means Lily. Regards,
Mike C.
My cousin's name is also Lily!
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

For at least the second time, I've missed PM 8130588V1, which as before shows no X coordinate. It's only rated a 21, but looking along the purported Y coordinate, I just can't spot it. Anyone else see a track here? I'm thinking I'll try the white spot next time.
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Caprarom, (8-18-14, re: PM 8130588V1) When you miss a track, go to your "Events" immediately, and click on "Tracks Missed." The PM you missed will be at top of list with its value. When you click on it, it will have the track clearly marked. I've missed 22 tracks in Phase VII, so far. I review them in my Events nearly every day. Big help. Evelyn ERSTRS, SmithES
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Caprarom, On your Event page, the place you click on is "Power Movies Missed," to get the list of missed tracks. (Not, "Tracks Missed," as I stated before.) Oh, dear, I must be getting old. Evelyn ERSTRS SmithES
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Usually that's the case, Evelyn. This track, as stated, is missing the X coordinate marker, so it is not obvious where the actual track is located. Glad you've been finding this a useful resource.

Mike
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

caprarom wrote:Usually that's the case, Evelyn. This track, as stated, is missing the X coordinate marker, so it is not obvious where the actual track is located. Glad you've been finding this a useful resource.

Mike
Hi Mike,

This is a very tough one but I think that I see it at (x) 250, (y) 10. What was the y marker location?

Martin
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

caprarom wrote:For at least the second time, I've missed PM 8130588V1, which as before shows no X coordinate. It's only rated a 21, but looking along the purported Y coordinate, I just can't spot it. Anyone else see a track here? I'm thinking I'll try the white spot next time.
The database says the track is at x is 0 and y is 106. We just changed it to X = 1 and Y = 100, but we need to check with Dr. Westphal too to see if this is indeed where a track is located - I'm not 100% sure!

Thanks for reporting,

Dan
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Thanks, Dan.
Martin, thanks for looking. The X coordinates now show; however, I really have to use my imagination to see a track there. If it is there, I think it merits a higher rating than 21.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

caprarom wrote:Thanks, Dan.
Martin, thanks for looking. The X coordinates now show; however, I really have to use my imagination to see a track there. If it is there, I think it merits a higher rating than 21.
That's exactly what I thought when I looked at it, and so have asked Dr. Westphal his opinion as well.

Dan
voyager1682002

Post by voyager1682002 »

This one 5322566V1 should not be only worth 6 points. I guess should be 60.

Lily
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Yes, Lily, I recently had a 9-pointer for which I thought the same.

Dan (or Robert), I just "missed" a 3-pointer that I think might be another inverted track. It lacks Y-coordinate markers, but to me it looks like the bottom edge is the correct place to click, yet I got it wrong. It's 9401860V1. Gonna take a long time for the skill score to recover from that one! ;-)