"I think I've found a track, what do you think?"

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

KarMann

Post by KarMann »

benj1989 wrote:why does this movie only has 6 of 83 agreements
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=42403
i am seeing 2 possible tracks !
Are you talking about the two near the right edge, about 2/3 of the way up? Because I'd say to heck with those, what's that clump right on the bottom edge, about 80 microns from the right edge? It's definitely coming into focus much below everything else, and it doesn't look anything like the usual specks/inclusions. Too bad it's cut off by the edge there.
Hmm, and my best guess by the number pattern doesn't show the other side of it in movie 42404. Pity, that.
Oh, not to say I wouldn't have clicked the two specks, but the big clump seems much more interesting.

Added: The number pattern, referring to that in the mosaic in the something-cute sticky post, with the curly strand in it.
Let it never be said that your **** retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results. - Loki, Dogma
benj1989

Post by benj1989 »

didn't noticed the clumb right on the bottom edge but it is also very intersting,
and yes i meant the two near the right edge ans 2/3 way up
WeBeGood

Post by WeBeGood »

benj1989 wrote:didn't noticed the clumb right on the bottom edge but it is also very intersting,
and yes i meant the two near the right edge ans 2/3 way up
And much deeper in the aerogel.
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @ WeBeGood@GMail.Com
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

MOVED post
Protostar wrote: :wink: Whoever has movie #33318 in their account, I just wanted to let you know I'm the only other person who has agreed with you. So. . . if there is spacedust, remember me buddy! :wink:
icebike wrote:
Protostar wrote: :wink: Whoever has movie #33318 in their account, I just wanted to let you know I'm the only other person who has agreed with you. So. . . if there is spacedust, remember me buddy! :wink:
That was me, but I clicked it by mistake when dropped my mouse on the floor. Lucky it wasn't a calibration movie...

:evil: Just kidding, or course.
phestar

Post by phestar »

And what about this movie (ID 9983384V1)? I don't know if it has been discused before, I couldn't find it in the forum or this thread.

I also think there could be two tracks in this one (ID 4354669V1).

Edit: updated urls, it seems they have changed the numeration system and you can now access directly using the movie ID. And old links don't work, at least for me.
Last edited by phestar on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
goldrake

Post by goldrake »

phestar wrote:And what about this movie (42610)? I don't know if it has been discused before, I couldn't find it in the forum or this thread.
For me, the little black dot (at left) is too much deeper.
I think that the only candidates are clearly focused in the extreme "Focus down" position. Any other object that is clearly focused before the extreme "focus down" position don't is the real track.

Obviously my opinion may be wrong.
LowFuel

Request

Post by LowFuel »

Could I resepectfully request that people include the movie ID in their message somewhere, so it's searchable? Intead of just putting "this movie" as the link.

I think it'd be helpful if one could search first to see if their possible track has already been posted.
Protostar

Saving Movies

Post by Protostar »

I'm assuming the VM will go down when the project is complete. Do I have to save my favorite movies/pics in a specific way in order to view them in the future? If there is a yes respose, please keep the instr. simple :oops:
Wishes, lies, and dreams all spring from the same well. Knowing when to drink requires only a little common sense.
templar781

Post by templar781 »

Track with a hook? It can be seen towards the very bottom of the focus range located in the upper left quadrant. The track looks vaugly like a backards question mark.

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6739812V1
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. - Vince Lombardi
templar781

Re: Request

Post by templar781 »

LowFuel wrote:Could I resepectfully request that people include the movie ID in their message somewhere, so it's searchable? Intead of just putting "this movie" as the link.

I think it'd be helpful if one could search first to see if their possible track has already been posted.
Just right click the link, click on Properties, and it will give you the entire URL which includes the movie ID.
benj1989

Post by benj1989 »

templar781 wrote:Track with a hook? It can be seen towards the very bottom of the focus range located in the upper left quadrant. The track looks vaugly like a backards question mark.

i don't now if it is a track but I would have marked it
WeBeGood

Post by WeBeGood »

templar781 wrote:Track with a hook? It can be seen towards the very bottom of the focus range located in the upper left quadrant. The track looks vaugly like a backards question mark.

Nice find. :) It has an interesting surface feature, and a really nice track going down and blossoming. Wish it had a better depth of focus, I guess we'll have to wait.
WeBeGood

Re: Saving Movies

Post by WeBeGood »

Protostar wrote:I'm assuming the VM will go down when the project is complete. Do I have to save my favorite movies/pics in a specific way in order to view them in the future? If there is a yes respose, please keep the instr. simple :oops:
Good question, seems many of the links in the discussion pages are broken now. What is the best way to save focus movies? :?
templar781

Post by templar781 »

WeBeGood wrote:

Nice find. :) It has an interesting surface feature, and a really nice track going down and blossoming. Wish it had a better depth of focus, I guess we'll have to wait.
In the FAQ section they said that the next step in the analysis would be to examine the high res photo of the section in question. I hope that they release some of those, because like you said it would be great to see some of these slides in higher detail.
WeBeGood

Post by WeBeGood »

templar781 wrote:
WeBeGood wrote:

In the FAQ section they said that the next step in the analysis would be to examine the high res photo of the section in question. I hope that they release some of those, because like you said it would be great to see some of these slides in higher detail.
I agree with you, It would be nice to see the higher resolution, higher magnification, and more depth of focus movies on the really interesting finds like this one. This one almost looks like it has a surface crater and a carrot crater.