Suggestion to help us more accurately identify dust

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

minkiemink

Suggestion to help us more accurately identify dust

Post by minkiemink »

I have noticed that most of the calibration movies follow the trail of the example dust just up to to the largest point of clear identification, (where the dust looks like a cigarette burn in fabric), and then seems to come to a halt. Because the movie usually ceases at that point, I have no idea if that is the total behavior and pattern of dust in the aerogel, so occasionally do not know what other cues I should be looking for.
If it would be possible to post a sample movie of how the dust behaves past that largest identifiable point it would be helpful in identifying actual dust. I have seen several things that I might identify as dust however, except for what appears to be the smallest samples, I have no idea if real dust dissipates, leaves a trail, or remains static at its largest identifiable point in the aerogel. In some instances I am forced to guess. So far, I have chosen to guess on the side of possible error rather than miss something.
Anyway, its just a thought......

-Minkie
“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched”
-Henry David Thoreau
minkiemink

Re: Suggestion...

Post by minkiemink »

Of course no sooner do I post that then I get three movies in a row showing me just what I wish to see....lol....Figures...

-Minkie
“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched”
-Henry David Thoreau