T-Shirts and Logos

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

Dear Mods/Admins,
Perhaps there is a way to limit the size of images posted on the forum, so that we all dont' have to make sure we size things down before we post them? Would probably save a little on bandwidth I guess, I jsut dont' want the site to become a problem and have to be taken down for any reason...

if not perhaps we should set some rules on image sizes for posts and taglines, unless it's just not an issue....
PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

by the way , my tagline is 320X240 probably not bad considering too that imageshack will automatically resize it for you...
PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

ok, I gotta lay off the photoshop so late at night...
maybe I'll make a tshirt outta this one and give it to my wife for mother's day, I bet she'd really appreciate that...

btw, that pic of me is not current...

Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

Okay, these are great. I need Earniel here. Where's Earniel? Perhaps I should go off to Entmoot to get her to make a shirt for us...
And God said: E = +mv^2 - Ze^2/r ...and there *WAS* light!

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat
Leah

Post by Leah »

How about a tee shirt for those who find a dust particle

slogan:

"And another one spies the dust!"
Laika a rolling stone
PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

:lol: :lol:
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Leah,

That'd be great!

I have been trying to find a shirt that just has the night sky all over it, or something like that and that's all. I want to play around with ideas for it. Anyone have a clue of a web site? I have found some pretty interesting things, but not quite what I want. I thought I'd actually try my hand at the art stuff and see what I come up with.
From dust we come
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Nikita wrote:Leah,

That'd be great!

I have been trying to find a shirt that just has the night sky all over it, or something like that and that's all. I want to play around with ideas for it. Anyone have a clue of a web site? I have found some pretty interesting things, but not quite what I want. I thought I'd actually try my hand at the art stuff and see what I come up with.
If you have a paint program and just want somethin to play around with, I can make one for you if you can give me a description... or I'd be happy to just send you a blank shirt image.

These both are of the night sky, but I presume you mean something like the image on the left, oui?
If so, click here then save the image and go to town!
PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

DustBuster wrote:
Nikita wrote:Leah,

That'd be great!

If you have a paint program and just want somethin to play around with, I can make one for you if you can give me a description... or I'd be happy to just send you a blank shirt image.

These both are of the night sky, but I presume you mean something like the image on the left, oui?
If so, click here then save the image and go to town!
opr you can use this website as well http://www.zazzle.com/design/shirt/default.asp
Leah

Post by Leah »

OK how do you put the pictures on the board. Do they need to be on a website first or can you upload them directly. When I hit the img button it's asking for a url address. I do not have the image on a site.[/b]
Laika a rolling stone
PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

Leah wrote:OK how do you put the pictures on the board. Do they need to be on a website first or can you upload them directly. When I hit the img button it's asking for a url address. I do not have the image on a site.[/b]
you'll have to host themsomewhere else and then link to them in your post, imageshack is free and pretty easy to use...

http://imageshack.us/
spacenut

"Dust in the Gel"

Post by spacenut »

Sharqua,

It took about 2 minutes, but then it hit me. I had tears I was laughing so hard! Great Job!

Bob
"Does anyone have an extra shuttle ticket for sale?"
Sharqua
DustMod

Re: "Dust in the Gel"

Post by Sharqua »

spacenut wrote:It took about 2 minutes, but then it hit me. I had tears I was laughing so hard! Great Job!
LOL! Glad you enjoyed it. I was sitting here singing the words to a "karaoke" style version of the song while composing the rehashed version.

You should have seen my daughter staring at me. "What in the heck are you doing, Mom?" Boy, did I have some explaining to do! :shock: (Hey, no laughing! At least I can sing.)
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Yeah, after I read it, I was explaining the song to my husband - who liked it as well and I saw the lost look from my children. You know the one that reminds you of the times before they were born (that you will never tell them) and the fact that they thing you are just so old.... :D
From dust we come
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Leah wrote:How about a tee shirt for those who find a dust particle

slogan:

"And another one spies the dust!"
Dedicated to all who are searching... inspired by Leah- sung to the tune of 'Another One Bites the Dust'

Another One Spies The Dust

StarDust fires a delta-v
Wild 2 on approach
Particles flowing in a matter stream
Canisters ready to go
Now we're ready, re-entry complete
We've got the SRC
Better get Houston on the line;
We need focus movies, yeah

Another one spies the dust
And another logs on, and another logs on
"Hey, I'm gonna find me two"

Alastes first asked us how long
until the first is found?
Nikita's cable connection's so bad
She barely makes a sound
Me, Fjgiie, Leah, Aquila
and soap box Seeker Pete
Focus the VM on the aerogel
We don't ever get any sleep

CHORUS

Hey. Oh, calibrate. Spy the dust. Is that a track there?

calibra-i-a-i-a-i-ate - ooo, Sharqua

There are precious particles in the gel
Just waiting to be found
First they can 'em
Then they land 'em
Then they scan them and then
They loaded them on down
But we're ready, now we're ready to view
With some coding from MattP
Out of the server the movies rip
"We'll need more connectivity"

CHORUS

(disclaimer: if your handle was used here, no disrespect was meant- it simply fit or was quickly available while I was scanning for material)
Last edited by DustBuster on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.