Possible calibration movie error

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

smandla

Possible calibration movie error

Post by smandla »

The following ID number corresponds to a calibration movie: 10516A. I believe it has a track in it, yet the system said it does not. Can someone verify this and make sure it isn't an error? Thanks.
mstetson

Post by mstetson »

Absolutely! In fact I just got dinged on this one. There's an obvious track just to the right of centerline about a third of the way down from the top. I clicked on it and was "rewarded" with an "incorrect" score.

-Mike
smandla

calibration movie error

Post by smandla »

It sure stings when that happens, doesn't it? Well, I'm glad to know it's not me. By the way, I did some digging and found another reference to the same movie and the same problem from "AK47".
We are not alone in our suffering...
;-)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Just registered on the forums because of this one. ;)
Shamgar

Post by Shamgar »

I just had the same problem but with another Calabration movie: 11629B
There's totally a /classic/ example of a trail on the left side, just like the ones from the tutorials, but it dinged me anyways. :!:

Tis rather frustrating...
smandla

10516A rears its ugly head... AGAIN!

Post by smandla »

I can't believe this happened again... with the same calibration movie!! I think we should start a hit list of all the incorrectly classified calibration movies - i.e. movies that have a track but are scored as not having one and vice versa. I've noticed a lot of postings describing this problem.
I'm going to post this message with "the powers that be" in admin, in the hopes that this problem can be corrected.
ecohen

YABCM (Yet Another Bad Calibration Movie)

Post by ecohen »

This is frustrating. I got a Calibration movie wrong, but I think that the movie that I saw was almost certainly a track. Here's a screenshot

Here's the movie that is called up with the viewer.

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=10635

They are not the same. I do not know what the movie is that I saw, but the whole movie was consistent. Not like some where the movie obviously shifts midway down, this one was cohesive.

In another thread they were calling for a list of failed calibration movie efforts, so that theycan be reviewed and learned from or challenged.
DiamondGirl

Post by DiamondGirl »

I'm so glad to find out it's not just me! I went back and checked in dismay (okay, it's silly, but I was SO proud of my perfect score!) and there is a definite track, but I still got dinged. <<sigh>> Any word on whether we'll be able to have them reviewed? Get our standings fixed?

Also, if I divide my total number of correct calibrations by the total number given, it gives a higher percentage than what my score is reflecting. ??? Anyone else having this problem?
JosephR

Post by JosephR »

Same here: there was clearly a track in 11309B, so I clicked on it... and my perfect score was gone. After a few minutes it happened again, with 11401B. This is too much frustrating (and, above all, will affect how they will consider the candidates I identified); I am going to quit, I think.
Roswell_Crash

Calibration test errors

Post by Roswell_Crash »

I took the test twice. Several times in each test I was told my answer was incorrect when I click on a movie that had a track. I was puzzled about this until I read these forum entries. Now I feel better about flunking the tests. When will this be fixed so I can take the test successfully> ANd, how did anyone pass the test with so many errors in the tests??
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

This issue is being addressed. Here is the official thread on this subject http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=473
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
splait

Me, three

Post by splait »

I believe I have been dinged at least seven times but I wasn't smart enough to register the movie number until this morning. (Actually, I was too competitive to go back and register the number.) 11217A. I said there was NO track, but was marked incorrect. I can find no track there.

Is there a way to go back and look at the ones I was "incorrect" on.? Is there a list somewhere of the ones I missed?

Several times I clicked on clear tracks in calibration movies and was marked as incorrect.

Arrgh!
Nanotrix

importance of score/specifity/sensitivity

Post by Nanotrix »

So far i got 30 wrong calibration movie results - CalMovies with clearly visible tracks but marked as "wrong" when clicking. This decreases my specifity seriously.

But: is this bug of any importance? Will all the tracks we found in real movies be rejected at the end of the project because our specifity falls? I dont think so - the bug will bug all the members, so it will average out itself.

---
Be cool! Lets make science, not scores...
Stadt

Post by Stadt »

But: is this bug of any importance? Will all the tracks we found in real movies be rejected at the end of the project because our specifity falls? I dont think so - the bug will bug all the members, so it will average out itself.
I do agree, however, it's does deflate my ego somewhat, and you don't know instantly that you were right and it was just an wrong calibration movie - it makes me doubt myself when it happens. I think the real bug is gone now, there might just be a few movies that were maybe classyfied wrong as having no tracks.

I think 2062521V1 is such a case. I thought I saw a possible inclusion on 220,20. I might be wrong though - I'd rather know in order to prevent making unnecessary false positives.
Cheers!
albutterworth
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by albutterworth »

In an effort to keep these FAQs organised, discussion of the calibration movies belongs in
I answered a calibration movie right but was scored wrong.

Thanks
Stardust@home
Useful Links: | Aerogel Scanning Progress | Forum Rules |