Name not being placed on list

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

jasonjason

Name not being placed on list

Post by jasonjason »

I have just started but my name has not been place on any list, does anyone know how long it takes before your name goes up?
My ranking puts me in the top 100, yet my name is nowhere to be found. Someone must know how often the lists get updated?

Does anyone know how long it took them before their name got placed on the list?
fjgiie
DustMod

Re: Name not being placed on list

Post by fjgiie »

I believe you can put your own name on displays.

Would you try this:

Click on my account
Put your password in
Click the Yes circle following these lines
View statistics on the Virtual Microscope?

Would you like to be listed on the top scoring pages?

Down at the bottom click      Change Account Imformation
jasonjason

Post by jasonjason »

Thanks for answering but I have those checked, and they have been that way since I joined but my name does not appear on the list.

I wonder if it only gets updated once a month or something like that?
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Jasonjsason, This notice appears on the Home page which may help:

Forum Registrations, "If you registered to join the Stardust@home community forum in the past few months and have not been approved for participation, we’re sorry. We have been inundated with hundreds of spam registrations this past year and many legitimate registration requests were lost in the noise as a result. Therefore, if you are a real intended user and have not been activated in the forum yet (even though you already registered), we ask that you please re-register as soon as possible at http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/forum. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding! This entry was posted on Friday, December 21st, 2012 at 12:25 pm and is filed under Info. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed."

I do remember that one needed to have viewed at least 50 "Total Movies Viewed", to get on the list as well. Maybe one of these two suggestions will help.

Evelyn (ERSTRS/SmithES)
jasonjason

Post by jasonjason »

Both suggestions don't work, still not showing up, I have over 200 power movies viewed and I am in or should be listed in the top 50 for power but not listed at all.

thanks
jj
jasonjason

Post by jasonjason »

It's been fixed :P :P :P :P
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

:P :P :P :P Congratulations! Wish you had been aboard six years ago when the dusting began. Lots of crew available then, posts were answered promptly, and problems solved, quickly. Now, however, there seems to be very few left who have time to check the postings and answer our questions. I think DanZ is the most likely one to respond, but he is very, very busy "behind the scenes." We need to have patience with the administrators, I'm sure they are "covered up" with work, just keeping the movies coming our way. Welome aboard! Evelyn (ERSTRS/SmithES. Joined as a duster in August 2006)
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Indeed, there you are in the top 50 already. Welcome aboard, JJ!
jasonjason

Post by jasonjason »

caprarom wrote:Indeed, there you are in the top 50 already. Welcome aboard, JJ!
That's in power but creeping in skill to top 50, what is better power or skill?
I am also on as JTF, when I thought It was something I did at the other login I created another one.
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Well, that's partly a matter of personal preference. Keeping in mind the true objective, finding those interstellar dust tracks, there is probably an optimal balance of quantity vs. quality. Spend an hour examining each movie, and you'll not likely miss any, but your sampling will be tiny. Zip though the movies rapidly, and you'll get to view a much larger number of them, but are more likely to miss the more subtle candidates. With a large enough family of dusters, we are fortunate to have those who can rapidly screen a large volume of movies, while others proceed more deliberately trying to find those less obvious candidates. So, in keeping with our team leader's motto, I would say whatever ratio of speed to accuracy provides you the most "fun" is correct for you.