Were to put mouse arrow on a long trail?

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Soviet Mike

Were to put mouse arrow on a long trail?

Post by Soviet Mike »

Hi:

Am curious as to were we put out mouse arrow on a long trail? I put it at were I though was the end
of trail with the particle but it came up that I missed a 70 Power Movie... last time I put it on the middle of the
trail and got the same reply. In the Missed Power Movies # Movie id: 556615V1 they have the red marks near
the edge of the field showing were I guess I should have placed my mouse. Is there really a certain way to
do this?

Thanks

Mike
caprarom

Re: Were to put mouse arrow on a long trail?

Post by caprarom »

Hi, Mike. I expect you'll get a vigorous response to this question. Long tracks are sometimes difficult. We are supposed to click on the "deepest" part of the track that we can see - the end that comes into focus last. Sometimes I have difficulty discerning which is the deeper end. Also, the dusters have identified some tracks where the "red marks" are in error - some of those power movies the Berkeley team has removed. Experience (trial & error) helps, but it does hurt your ego to "miss" an obvious track like that. I much prefer the tiny tracks myself.

Mike C.
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hey, Soviet Mike, I think this is the movie I had written about before---and I've clicked the tail, middle and head and got it wrong each time. Each time I missed it, the red marks showed the same place to click (deepest) but it was always counted wrong. Came up in my batch again yesterday, so I just signed out rather than fool with it. If it IS the one I complained about, Dan Z wrote that he would have it removed. But, one of the dusters objected to its removal, so it may still be circulating. I'll be dog-goned if I am going to take a chance on reducing my present .7219 skill-rating by trying to find the correct spot to click in this movie! Evelyn ERSTRS
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Mike correctly explained how these should go, but there are occasional ones where it's not so obvious and we are happy to remove any that dusters feel are too ambiguous or simply incorrect. The coordinates on where to click for this particular PM is X=113 and Y=367 (i.e., where the track connects to the bottom edge of the movie). If enough people feel this is completely backward, I can have this Power Movie removed (although the track may exist in other PMs as well).

Dan
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hey, guys! Here is a 70 point movie. Clicked on upper left edge. Got it correct. Whew! Evelyn, ERSTRS
click on upper left edge.png
click on upper left edge.png (118.27 KiB) Viewed 20365 times
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

Congratulations! :mrgreen: