Phase 3 postings

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

jdrockster

Phase 3 postings

Post by jdrockster »

I was in the top 100 (76) +- in phase 3 and viewed thousands of movies. My final score does not reflect my real score. Someone posted the wrong scores when the results were tallied. I would like to have credit for all of the time I spent working on this project and the chance to name any particle I may have found. Please correct this error. Thanks
Dust2Dust...Dust4Dust!
elainekeefe

Re: Phase 3 postings

Post by elainekeefe »

Mine were not as I expected, either. I finished Phase 3 at rank 49, and am now listed as 52. One of my scores is more than half a percentage point lower. (About 99.57 to 99.) However, this has happened in every phase, not just the last one. I think corrections are made when the phase closes.
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hey, Robert, I finished as number 20 in Phase Could you please correct this? I was so proud to work hard to finish high---only to find that you have me as "4917 out of 30256." Thanks, Evelyn ERSTRS@aol.com

Total Movies Viewed: 12
Your Rank: 4917 out of 30256
Specificity: 100%
Sensitivity: unknown
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Thanks for these notes. We're trying to fix the problem now. Where are you seeing these scores - i.e., what's the URL or path you're following?

Dan
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

I'll try again. I was number 20 in Phase Three. (ERSTRS). You now have me listed as:
SmithES

My actual stats for Phase Three were: Your Rank: 20, Specificity: 99.99, Sensitivity: 98.28

Can you please correct this? I am very much disturbed by this error. Worked too hard for Rank #20, to be Ranked 4917 now!
Thanks, Evelyn *ERSTRS" joined Aug. 2006

"SmithES" is my name in the Forums, for some reason, not ERSTRS as it has been for the past five years. Please change it back to ERSTRS.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

SmithES wrote:I'll try again. I was number 20 in Phase Three. (ERSTRS). You now have me listed as:
SmithES

My actual stats for Phase Three were: Your Rank: 20, Specificity: 99.99, Sensitivity: 98.28

Can you please correct this? I am very much disturbed by this error. Worked too hard for Rank #20, to be Ranked 4917 now!
Your Phase 3 rank has been corrected - please see http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/p3_rankings.php
SmithES wrote:"SmithES" is my name in the Forums, for some reason, not ERSTRS as it has been for the past five years. Please change it back to ERSTRS.
Here's what I see: ERSTRS was in use from Aug 2006 to Mar 2011. Then SmithES came into existence in April 2011, but with a slightly different email address listed than what's listed for ERSTRS. Can you PM me about this please and include the email addresses used to register for these Forum accounts. Then we'll take it from there offline.

Thanks!

Dan
startrak

Post by startrak »

I've been reading the Forum, not dusting much. Did notice under "Follow (this link) for your Phase III Events and Ranking" shows my rank, specificity and sensitivity but lists my Phase IV events instead of my long list of Phase III events. K
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

startrak wrote:I've been reading the Forum, not dusting much. Did notice under "Follow (this link) for your Phase III Events and Ranking" shows my rank, specificity and sensitivity but lists my Phase IV events instead of my long list of Phase III events. K
Mine seemed to be a mix of Phase 3 and 4 - not true for you?

Dan
startrak

Post by startrak »

Phase III events lists 9 events including 5 events from Phase IV.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

startrak wrote:Phase III events lists 9 events including 5 events from Phase IV.
How does your Phase 3 list look now? We know we solved the problem for one duster, but it should have worked for everyone.

Dan
startrak

Post by startrak »

It's fine now. Thanks, Dan.