Phase 4 problems

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

SmithES

Re: Phase 4 problems

Post by SmithES »

I clicked on what appears to be a Track that was marked in wrong coordinates:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-2,-2

Coordinates are marked at 275/125. Track is the tiny black dot actually a little left of the coordinates, isn't it?
Evelyn ERSTRS
fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

SmithES wrote:I clicked on what appears to be a Track that was marked in wrong coordinates:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-2,-2

Coordinates are marked at 275/125. Track is the tiny black dot actually a little left of the coordinates, isn't it?
Evelyn ERSTRS
The high angle track is at 376, 276 in movie 1317252V1    

SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Thanks, fjgiie, A HAT in the movie 1317252V1? My Eye Doc says my vision is better than 20/20, but in spite of that, I think I'm losing my Skill completely. Even with the coordinates you gave me, I still can't find it. Will go take a nap and try again. Evelyn ERSTRS
Klemek

Post by Klemek »

Hi, it's me again. I just wanted to ask what happened- my Skill shows 0.00 now, and I noticed that my name has dissapeared from the skill ranking. There are some other names missing too- fjgiie for example.
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

MISSING DUSTERS: Klemek, you aren't the only one with 0.00 Skill Rank, and therefore missing from the Skill Ranks.
Doing a quick comparison with my list of a week ago, I came up with the following missing dusters: Ron Spencer, Elainekeefe, fjgiie, nitram819, chostek, iprince, tritone21, gebils, laracroft, stoke, erne view, antonella, Harold, jaimunoz, Tom Yahnke, Sr., tudorbug, and me, SmithES/ERSTRS. In corresponding with several dusters who feel they have been "bumped" from the program, all of us are wondering what we did wrong. I know that I've spent five years with Stardust@Home, and I was searching my soul trying to find out why I have been eliminated. I hope we get some kind of explanation. There are a lot of sick dusters "out here" wondering what happened to the hard earned scores we'd made. PLEASE HELP US? Evelyn ERSTRS
maccat

Post by maccat »

Me too- jsmill is now 0.00 Skill Rank - WTF is going on? Missing rankings, missing FM's viewed(possibly restored now), arbitrary skill rankings(sometimes goes up, sometimes goes down, irrespective of a correct CM viewing or not... methinks many bugs, and not many fixers!
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

Evelyn, I'm sure we have not been bumped or eliminated from the program. Why would they do that? This is just another glitch. I think it is happening to all of those people who dusted today. I noticed it happened to me right after I started dusting. I would be interested in hearing from people who did NOT dust today, and whether their skill scores still stand. This phase has been beset by many problems; this is just one more. I assume tomorrow when the Stardust people return to work, this will be straightened out.
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

In fact I rather like the fact that half the Skill Rankings have disappeared, since it has resulted in my being promoted to number 1. I've never been number 1 at anything before, so keep it that way I say!

Six out of 10 Power Movies I 'missed' yesterday were wrongly calibrated, including 6784826V1, the correct coordinates apparently being 504/325: a truly 'invisible' track with an X-coordinate outside the frame!

I'm stopping dusting until all these absurdities are fully fixed.
John
enokh

Post by enokh »

hi all

Today I found 0.00 my Skill Rank

enokh
maccat

Post by maccat »

"I'm stopping dusting until all these absurdities are fully fixed."

Well put, John- me too.

Jim- jsmill
Klemek

Post by Klemek »

Hello everyone.
I didn't mean to start any revolution here. I just wanted to report a possible bug. I believe that stardust@home team is working on fixing the problem now, and that's why our score is 0 for now. Maybe thay even do some magic so we our skill score don't suffer because of all the troublemaking focu...eekhmmm power movies.
I keep dusting as I am here not for the score or other benefits- just because I love science.
Take it easy people,
Cheers!
gebils

Post by gebils »

Patience Grasshoppers - things have a way of working themselves out.

George
enokh

Post by enokh »

hi all

I'm sure That Stardust @ home team are doing their best to solve the problem. I keep Dusting, I'm not here to score but to give my little contribution to the project

enokh
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

Exactly, just take it easy. They will sort things out, chances are that they are working on it as we speak.

I understand that people want to stop dusting in the meantime until this get fixed, I dont blame you guys since it shows that we have zero skills lol. Ill keep on dusting because the chances of finding real tracks has not changed.

Martin
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Yes, our top priority right now is the Skill score issue.

More as it comes.

Dan