degrading sensitivity of buttons on vm

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

jdrockster

degrading sensitivity of buttons on vm

Post by jdrockster »

I have noticed degradation of button sensitivity on the vm :( . I click on the no track or bad focus button and it highlights it, but does not load the next movie until I click on it a second time. It freezes, and when I click it again it reloads. This causes an occasional error on the succeeding frame. It also slows the performance of the program and lowers my productivity. I have viewed over 14k movies and I am still unsure of the purpose of the specificity score. Do you want the entry of a track, the end of the track, or what? Mine is currently 98.5%. Is that good? Thanks
Dust2Dust...Dust4Dust!
fjgiie
DustMod

Re: degrading sensitivity of buttons on vm

Post by fjgiie »

jdrockster wrote:I have noticed degradation of button sensitivity on the vm. :( I click on the no track or bad focus button and it highlights it, but does not load the next movie until I click on it a second time. It freezes, and when I click it again it reloads. This causes an occasional error on the succeeding frame. It also slows the performance of the program and lowers my productivity. I have viewed over 14k movies and I am still unsure of the purpose of the specificity score. Do you want the entry of a track, the end of the track, or what? Mine is currently 98.5%. Is that good? Thanks
When the VM site is slow I have also noticed that everything stops, and if you continue to click "No Track" sometimes a Calibration Movie with a track comes up next and your six clicks on the previous movie goes to the Calibration Movie. All this happens when the site is slow.

Specificity -
From Definitions Specificity measures how well you are able to correctly identify a calibration movie that contains no track. (if you click "No Track" 100% of the time your Specificity will be 100%)

You ask where to click a track, Calibration Track or real track.
From the Tutorial you can find this statement: To identify a track (this is really important) click on the deepest part of it that you can see (i.e., where you think the track stops or where it goes off the edge of the movie), even if it is out of focus.
Since we focus down into the movies, you will need to click the lowest point on any track. That will be at one end or the other of the track. The end where you are focused lower with the focus bars is the correct end to click any track, Calibration or Real.