Calibration movie tracks marked as incorrect on notebook

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

tenfiveoh

Calibration movie tracks marked as incorrect on notebook

Post by tenfiveoh »

I started this yesterday on my home PC with no problems. Today I was using a notebook. On the notebook I came across 3 calibration movies with pretty obvious tracks. All three were marked as incorrect and dropped my sensitivity score. Is it posible that my screen resolution is set so high that the "finger" pointer is marking the wrong location?
Inlandsis

Same here (not on notebook)

Post by Inlandsis »

I'm not using a notebook, but I also got a calibration movie with what I consider an obvious track (10635A @ 337,56) and when I clicked, my incorrect answer count increased.
BenTrem

Re: Calibration movie tracks marked as incorrect on notebook

Post by BenTrem »

tenfiveoh wrote:Is it posible that my screen resolution is set so high that the "finger" pointer is marking the wrong location?
I don't think so, but I can understand why you're wondering.

FWIW I've wondered if click precision (X,Y as well as depth) makes any difference.
When you look to see how the system works
Likely you will find that it does not.
icebike

Post by icebike »

tenfiveoh wrote:I started this yesterday on my home PC with no problems. Today I was using a notebook. On the notebook I came across 3 calibration movies with pretty obvious tracks. All three were marked as incorrect and dropped my sensitivity score. Is it posible that my screen resolution is set so high that the "finger" pointer is marking the wrong location?
Another poster on a thread last night found that some resolution settings in windows can cause problems of mis-location. Especially in Microsoft Internet Explorer. (You had to know it would be that).

He switched to Mozilla or FireFox or Opera and it worked perfectly.

MSIE must have a mode where they stretch images weirdly.
icebike

Post by icebike »

BenTrem wrote: FWIW I've wondered if click precision (X,Y as well as depth) makes any difference.
Its pretty forgiving in my experience.
tenfiveoh

Post by tenfiveoh »

I lowered the resolution on my notebook and had another incorrect result after marking a track still using IE6. I have now switched to Firefox and have succsefully marked two tracks.

Thanks to all for your help. I'm just sorry that my sensitivity and overall score have been reduced by these 4 "errors".