Problems with mozilla

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Leah

Problems with mozilla

Post by Leah »

I have been having some problems using Safari and now Mozilla. Safari takes far too long too load. However I think it records my efforts correctly.
Mozilla, which I started using about 2 weeks ago seems to record onto 2 focus movies with one click. My score can show 1 wrong and 1 right on one click. It has even added 2 movies to my events list with one click. I now have events that I did not want to be there. Can I have those removed some way, there is nothing on the movies and I did not even view the movies. Somehow I think it is recording on the movie I am viewing and the next one in line. My score is also suffering. This is really weird.

When using Safari if I clicked on an item, I would get a dialog box asking if I meant to say the was a particle there. With Mozilla it just accepts it and moves to the next movie. Is there another browser i can use on my Mac?

Thanks
Leah
Laika a rolling stone
marcia

Post by marcia »

Hi Leah,

I also work with Safari. What you regulary have to do is:
1)remove the Iconsfolder in the User Library to the trash, and
2) in the User Library, in the Cachesfolder move the Safarifolder to the trash.

Then Safari will work as quickly as in the beginning. I sometimes thought Stardust was slow, but it was Safari.

I don't know anything about Mozilla, but I hope this will help you,

marcia
Leah

Post by Leah »

Hi Marcia,

I will try that. I also just upgraded my safari as suggest by fjgiie.
So far things have been better. If it slows down again I will definitely delete the items you listed. I have been struggling with safari for about a year, I wish I had asked for help sooner.

Mozilla always adds extra mistakes to my score. It is very weird. If I close and my score is at one number, when I log on again it can be 1 or 2 more wrong. I think it has something to do with the number of tabs open. It doesn't seem to do it when I have only one tab open. And I can view at least 5-6 more focus movies in the same amount of time spent on 1 movie using safari. Oh well, what really matters is the real movies with a possible ISP. I do have some of those!!
Thanks for the valuable info!

Leah
Laika a rolling stone
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Leah,

I'm also wondering if you are encountering a problem with the fact that Mozilla browsers do not ask for confirmation of a click. If you click on a movie a mozilla browser will simply count the click and move on. If you accidentally double-click it will count as a click in the on-deck movie and the next movie.

Explorer and Safari have a confirmation box that pops up when you click to avoid that problem.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Leah,

I use Safari as well and I have no problems with it responding slowly... haven't tried Firefox. You may want to try Camino of Safari and Firefox are still causing you problems.

Lynn
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

OK, so maybe this sounds stupid but...
We leave our computer on all the time. Sometimes it just gets tired and wants a rest. We know that because it starts dragging. So we just reboot and it refreshes and is much happier.
I don't know if that will help or if I just gave you a good laugh, but putting pride aside, I thought I'd throw it out and see if it helps anyone!
From dust we come
Leah

Bryan, I think you are right

Post by Leah »

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your response. I do think some how it was recording at 2 movies at once. I know I wasn't double clicking, but I do think it recorded more than one response with one click. Either because I had multiple tabs open or both of the two movies that were loaded recorded. I watched the wrong response and correct response change on one click. I have stopped using mozilla. fjgiie told me to download a newer version of Safari and that has solved my slow loading problem. Now it is up to me to do a good job and find those tracks

Thank you for your help everyone
Leah :)
Laika a rolling stone