Stardust in Thailand

Teachers and Students, use this forum to discuss ideas for using Stardust@home in the classroom.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

mikeli

Stardust in Thailand

Post by mikeli »

I would like to know if you have a partner school/university in Thailand where I can get more info on Stardust?

In Thailand, it is so difficult to get reading materials written in English. Almost everything here is in Thai.
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Stardust in Thailand

Post by bmendez »

mikeli wrote:I would like to know if you have a partner school/university in Thailand where I can get more info on Stardust?

In Thailand, it is so difficult to get reading materials written in English. Almost everything here is in Thai.
Hi mikeli,

No, Stardust@home is based and operated soley from UC Berkeley, in California. All materials we have about the project can be found at the main website: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

Thanks,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
mikeli

Thanks Bryan

Post by mikeli »

This is quite a rare field of interest and I want to dig deeper into the world of stardust. The name itself "stardust" is alluring.
maithai

Cool topic

Post by maithai »

This seems to be one of the coolest topics since it can literally change our whole perception of the world once discovered. I too am in Thailand, so Mikeli if you need material in English there is plenty of it online. Start at the link bmendez mentioned. You'll find your way from there.

Cheers :D
mikeli

Post by mikeli »

Until now I haven't heard of any teachers in Thailand talking about stardust. This is a really new field of interest in this side of Asia. I went to bookstores in Bangkok and I couldn't find any material that deals with stardust. I would be interested to avail of your resources if you are around Bangkok area.