A possible new problem I am Having,,,Please Reply

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Howie

Here is another Possible Fix for some of us???

Post by Howie »

See my post here!!!

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... 2318#12318

Sincerely,
Howie
Howie

Another possible problem taking up time!!!

Post by Howie »

Hello,

If you have ATI for your puter, not needed with new windows!!!
Had it from the past and it keeps asking for info on my firewall and wants updates etc. all the darn time,,,get rid of it!!!
Then you can re-adjust your screen the regular way just the same!!!

Howie
Howie

More Problems,,,,,,,,Someone Help.....

Post by Howie »

Hi All Again,

All my past posts and info have helped but not fixed the problem!!!

There are so much new updates out there and they have I think messed up the Stardust because it was set up over a year ago!

I said it before and I will say it again, as I think I have been a part of this problem since Microsoft and others updated to new formats...

Again I say there is a problem with the SD program or the servor!!!!!
Need to update???

The problem occurs on stardust after about 20 minutes, goes like crazy then I get notices from my firewall and then goes down?

May be a firewall problem??? Still working on it!

Any comments would be welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howie
Howie

NEW INFO........................HOWIE

Post by Howie »

Hi There,

I am willing to bet that most of you out there with slow movies or hanging problems, other than older, slower computers, are using newer microsoft products like explorer 7 and or XP. Also if you are using Earthlink as your provider, I have had more problems since they have updated their new firewall and virus free protection service?

I still don't know why when I am on the movies dusting, all of a sudden the firewall or other applications pop up asking to allow or connect, like the StarDust servor needs something? If I block or say no, the movies quit loading???

Still working on this!

If you have anything to add or problems also with other software or servors, please put the info here!

The latest thing I find is a thing called evntagnt in win 32 logs that show a problem or when a hang occurred.

Sincerely,
Howie
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Is this the Earthlink firewall that gives the message?
What is the exact message that the firewall displays?
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

evntagnt is MS events logger
You can check here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 and search for your exact error and see if a solution is available.
Just dusting... Image
Howie

to dustbuster and wolter

Post by Howie »

Hi Again,

This can get confusing!!! And it is now on 2 computers I have researched but with a little change in log files.

As stated above posts, I have turned off the Media Manager!!!

Also above, the ATI is a driver for my main PC for XP etc. which keeps poping up for a connection after about 20 minutes of viewing movies, I think connected with the firewall? If I say no to connection for ATI I cannot get anymore movies,,,Hangs?

In the logs, on 2nd. PC I see hangs or warnings for evntmngr, short for event manager in win 32 files as a application not to be messed with???

When this all happens I try to go to tools and delete, cleanup internet files and history! This is when it says,,, Settings on this PC will not allow it??? ..... Then nothing will work and I have to reboot!!!
Starting to think there is also a problem with PC's that are on a Network! My 3 PC's are on a home network, wireless, and some of the logs when I go to the error at microsoft, says ...........

no info, says trace problem, says network problem, etc..................

I can be on the internet for 2 hours and certain sites will do the same thing, but always while viewing stardust movies after short time????????????

Something with certain servors must ask for something that the firewall or XP or Explorer will not allow! It seems like a multiple software problem with todays updates.

I am narrowing it down each day! More later. I will post here, I guess some of those errors and screen logs, etc.

Sincerely,
Howie
Howie

Due to size this is one,,,,,,,,more to come,,,,,,,

Post by Howie »

Log Copies of errors and some info from microsoft............................Below.............2nd. PC.......

Under Administrative Tools and then logs...
Displays a text description of the event. Text descriptors are created by the source of the event.
To search for events using a portion of the event’s description, on the View menu, click Find. The description is also saved in all archived logs.
If the description for the event cannot be found, then the file containing event descriptions is inaccessible — usually located on another computer.
EvntAgnt...This is One!!!

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1015
Source: EvntAgnt
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: SNMPELEA_NO_REGISTRY_TRACE_LEVEL_PARAMETER
Message: TraceLevel parameter not located in registry; Default trace level used is %1.

Explanation
Debug tracing is turned off. This is the default condition of the system. Debug tracing should only be turned on when you are debugging software.

These error events will continue to be logged when you restart the computer, unless you reconfigure the Evntagnt.dll.

User Action
No user action is required; however, you can stop Windows from displaying these messages in Event Viewer by reconfiguring the evntagnt.dll in the system registry.

Caution The following procedures change system registry settings. If Registry Editor is used incorrectly, serious system problems can occur, and the operating system may need to be reinstalled.

To stop displaying EvntAgnt 1015 messages in Event Viewer

Before starting SNMP, open Registry Editor.
Navigate to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SNMP_
EVENTS\EventLog\Parameters
Add the following registry values:
TraceFileNameType: REG_SZValue: null (blank)
TraceLevelType: REG_DWORDValue: 32

If you want to enable debug tracing of eventagnt.dll on this computer, reconfigure eventagnt.dll in the system registry. This will also stop Windows from displaying these messages in Event Viewer.

To configure the evntagnt.dll file for debug tracing

Open Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SNMP_ EVENTS\EventLog\Parameters
TraceFileNameType: REG_SZValue: c:\evntagnt.log
TraceLevelType: REG_DWORDValue: 1

Version: 5.0
Component: Application Event Log
Symbolic Name: SNMPELEA_NO_REGISTRY_TRACE_LEVEL_PARAMETER
Message: TraceLevel parameter not located in registry; Default trace level used is %1.

Explanation
Debug tracing is turned off. This is the default condition of the system. Debug tracing should only be turned on when you are debugging software.

These error events will continue to be logged when you restart the computer, unless you reconfigure the Evntagnt.dll.

User Action
No user action is required; however, you can stop Windows from displaying these messages in Event Viewer by reconfiguring the evntagnt.dll in the system registry.

Caution The following procedures change system registry settings. If Registry Editor is used incorrectly, serious system problems can occur, and the operating system may need to be reinstalled.

To stop displaying EvntAgnt 1015 messages in Event Viewer

Before starting SNMP, open Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SNMP_
EVENTS\EventLog\Parameters
TraceFileNameType: REG_SZValue: null (blank)
TraceLevelType: REG_DWORDValue: 32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.
Howie

Hang UP Error Log,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post by Howie »

Application Error.........................................

Details
Event ID: 1000
Source: Application Error
Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3, version %4, fault address 0x%5.

Explanation
The indicated program stopped unexpectedly. The message contains details on which program and module stopped. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
If an error report was generated for this error, you might be able to obtain more information about the error by sending the report to Microsoft for analysis.

What to expect

Microsoft actively analyzes all error reports and prioritizes them based on the number of customers affected by the error signature contained in the report. When a report is submitted, Microsoft will try to determine the cause of the error, categorize it according to the type of issue encountered, and send you relevant information when such information is available. However, because error reports do not always contain enough information to positively identify the source of the issue, Microsoft may need to collect a number of similar reports from other customers before a pattern is discovered. Although Microsoft might not be able to provide a solution for your particular error at this time, all information submitted is used to further improve the quality and reliability of our products.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Knowledge Base articles
You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
• Roaming Profile Accumulates Extra .tmp Files
Your roaming profile may accumulate extra files named Prf*.tmp, and the following error message may be logged in the Application event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: date Time: time of day...
• ESENT event IDs 1000, 1202, 412, and 454 are logged repeatedly in the Application log
The following event ID messages are logged every five minutes in the Application log: Message 1 Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 6/7/2000 Time: 2:56:53 PM User: WINDOWS NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer:...
• When you visit a Web page that uses a custom pop-up object, Internet Explorer 6 closes unexpectedly
Resolves an error in the Mshtml.dll file that occurs after you install security update 918899. If you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next cumulative security update for Internet Explorer.
• Internet Explorer may intermittently quit when you close a window in an HTML application in Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
Describes a problem that may occur when you run an HTML application in Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
• Event ID 1000, 108, or 102 may be logged when computers try to install software by accessing a share on a Windows NT 4.0-based file server
When Group Policy is configured to assign a software installation package to client computers that are running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, or Microsoft Windows 2000, the administrator must specify a share path...
• How to interpret USERENV 1000 events
This article describes how to interpret USERENV 1000 events. The following message is a typical event message you may find in the Event log when you are experiencing Group Policy application problems: Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event...
• The Explorer.exe process may unexpectedly quit when you try to search for a file in Windows XP or in Windows Server 2003
Discusses a problem that may occur after the Windows 2000 Resource Kit is installed in Windows XP or in Windows Server 2003. To work around this problem, uninstall the Windows 2000 Resource Kit.
• How to create custom events
This step-by-step article describes how to create custom events. You can create custom events in an event log by using the Eventcreate utility. This can be useful as a diagnostic tool in scripts when you record an error or event directly into the...
• Successive Attempts to Complete a Group Policy Installation of a Service Pack May Log an Event ID 102 Error
If you have already installed a service pack, you may not be able to deploy the same service pack level by using Group Policy and the following event ID 102 message may be logged in Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application...
• The DNS suffix of the computer name of a new domain controller may not match the name of the domain after you upgrade a Windows NT 4.0 primary domain controller to Windows 2000
Describes a problem where a domain controller's domain name system suffix does not match the domain name. To resolve this issue, install the latest service pack for Windows 2000, or upgrade the domain controller to Windows Server 2003.
• Cannot connect to domain controller and cannot apply Group Policy with Gigabit Ethernet devices
Windows XP-based systems that use Gigabit Ethernet devices may not be able to log on to an Active Directory domain, which aborts the Group Policy download process. When this occurs, a series of events are written to the event log. For example:
• Adding or removing a program may generate Event ID 7023
When you add or remove a program by using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, the following event may appear in the system log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event ID: 7023 Description: The Application Management...
• You receive a "The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer" error message when you try to establish a remote desktop connection to a Windows XP-based computer
Fixes a problem that occurs when you try to use a Windows XP-based computer to establish a remote desktop connection to another Windows XP-based computer. The connection may not succeed, and the client computer may receive an error message.
• A client application may intermittently receive an error message when a client application tries to create a COM+ component
Describes a problem that may occur when a client application tries to create a COM+ component, and the client application receives an error message.
• File Lock or Access Denied Error Message When You Save Files Over the Network
When you try to save a file such as a Microsoft Excel workbook that you opened by using a universal naming convention (UNC) path, you may receive an error message that is similar to one of the following: Cannot read file. File is locked Access...
• "The specified account name is not a member of the local group" error message when you remove a user from a group that uses a Restricted Groups policy in Windows XP
Fixes an issue in Windows XP where you receive a "Specified account name is not a member of the local group" error message after you remove a user from a group that is specified in a Restricted Groups policy.
• Internet Explorer 6 stops responding, and you receive an access violation error message when you try to view a Web page that contains a .jpeg file
Describes a problem that occurs when a Web site contains a malformed .jpeg file that has the wrong values for the number of scan lines. Provides information about a hotfix that resolves the problem.
• Lookup of Permissions on ACLs Shows Only SIDs
When you try to view NTFS or share permissions on a Windows 2000 member server or a computer that runs Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP, the Security Identifiers (SIDs) are displayed, but the account or group to which the SIDs correspond is...
• The security update that is documented in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-015 does not install correctly if the Help and Support service is disabled
Discusses why you may receive "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it" error in the system event log after you install the KB 840374 security update.
• Group Policy that you edit in Windows XP does not work in Windows 2000
Explains why domain policy settings do not work in Windows 2000 if you use Windows XP to create or to edit domain policies.
• Group Policy processing does not work and events 1030 and 1058 are logged in the Application log of a domain controller
Fixes a problem with resuming a Windows 2000-based computer or a Windows Server 2003-based computer from standby. Events 1030 and 1058 may be logged after you restart the computer, and policy objects are not applied.
• MS04-044: Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel and LSASS could allow elevation of privilege
Resolves several newly discovered, privately reported vulnerabilities.
• You cannot use Outlook Express to download an e-mail message, and you receive an event message in the Application log
Fixes an issue that occurs when you cannot use Outlook Express to download an e-mail message that contains an embedded digital signature from Exchange Server 2003 SP1. This issue occurs with both POP3 and IMAP4.
• An access violation error occurs if your Terminal Services information is corrupted
Fixes a problem where an access violation error occurs if your Terminal Services information is corrupted.
• Availability and description of the Port Reporter tool
Describes the Port Reporter tool that you can use to log TCP and UDP port activity on computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000. Contains information about how to obtain, install, and configure the tool.
• A Windows Installer Package That Is Installed with Group Policy Does Not Restart the Computer
After you upgrade Microsoft Windows XP-based computers to Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1), a Windows Installer file that is deployed by using Group Policy may not automatically restart the computer after the package is installed. The computer may...
• MS05-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
Resolves several newly discovered vulnerabilities that were reported both publicly and privately. Each vulnerability is described in the bulletin. Each vulnerability is in its own “Vulnerability detailsâ€
Howie

I Told you it was confusing!!!

Post by Howie »

Sorry for the size of post!!!

Howie,,,,,,,,,,,,Still workin on this !!!
Howie

This was a hang......Restart........Security,,,,,,,,,,,

Post by Howie »

Details
Event ID: 615
Source: Security
Version: 5.0
Component: Security Event Log
Symbolic Name: SE_AUDITID_IPSEC_POLICY_CHANGED
PolicySource: %2
%3

Related Knowledge Base articles
You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
• Microsoft Security Center
Find information, answers to your questions, instructions, the latest downloads, and more on the Blaster worm.

And should you ask, yes I have checked and checked for virus and used microsofts download for malicious software removal tool!!!
Howie

Error While on Stardust......Main Computer

Post by Howie »

Details
Event ID: 1512
Source: Userenv
Symbolic Name: EVENT_FAILED_HIVE_UNLOAD
Message: Windows cannot unload your registry file. The memory used by the registry has not been freed. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account. If this problem persists, contact your administrator.

DETAIL - %1

Explanation
This error might occur when an application or service does not release handles to the user profile hives (the ntuser.dat and usrclass.dat files that support the profiles registry hive) after it is has completed work on behalf of the user.

User Action
To resolve this issue, use the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup Service (UPHClean). UPHClean monitors the computer while Windows is unloading user profiles and forces resources that are open to close. Therefore, the computer can unload and reconcile user profiles.

You can download the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service (UPHClean) tool from the Microsoft Download Center Web site.

For more information about user profile unload issues, see article 837115 “Troubleshooting profile unload issues,â€
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

Howie,

The more you post, the more i get the impression that your windows installation has got corrupted.

I do not know how your record is on installing / removing software on these computers, but i do know that windows will get problems when you install/remove software a lot. Partly because windows creates al sorts of temporary files which clutter up your harddisk and partly because a lot of software does not remove their installed objects completly, very often those temporary files remain on disk and a lot of registry entries are never removed.

This could cause some of the problems you encounter. I would suggest that either you have your PCs cleaned up by someone who knows what he is doing (editing your registry can ruin your PC) and then re-install windows on it or go back to a safepoint from before your troubles started. and then disable the upgrades on IE and only perform safety upgrades.

Posting all your PC error reports here does not help much as this forum is for support with the Virtual Microscope and not for general PC troubles.
Given the long list of your issues related to others which much less problems my estimate is that the source of your troubles is locally defined. So try my suggestion stated above or try and find a forum which specializes in windows trouble shooting.

Happy hunting
Just dusting... Image
Howie

Sorry, but these problems are happening viewing movies!!!

Post by Howie »

You missed my point that this happens constantly on viewing Stardust movies. I can't get passed 15 minutes anymore on main PC.
I was also replying last few posts to DustBust's question.

I can use my PC for hours plus the internet and it only happened on a couple other sites. Seems to be related to viewing movies on Stardust.

Im not trying to repair my PC's here but think others are having the same problems with the site.

I won't post anymore till I find the problem with your servor, which is I think causing the problem!

Sincerely,
Howie
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

I understand why you link these issues to S@H. But there are thousends of users whose only problem are the javascript errors and sometimes the delay in getting the frames. Whereas you have a wide variety of problems which present themselves in all sorts of non S@H relateds programs. S@H may be related to it due to the heavy traffic it requires but that is how it works.
My experience in customer support (on other hardwareplatforms) tells me that the source of the troubles lies with the one with the exceptions. Hence my tips to you.
Just dusting... Image