You need to remove this before my child see it again

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

WorWizard

You need to remove this before my child see it again

Post by WorWizard »

I have a 11 year old and a 5 year old that have seen this filth and caused a LOT of explanations. FIX IT PLEASE.

Pop Star Singer with HOT *** home video!!!!!

Not sure how to post the link. but it was under the discussion forum
but that's the title

Wor Wizard
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

I agree. The fact that this is the first that you have seen this goes a long way to show how hard we work to keep spam out of the forum. We cannot catch everyone as they join, but every attempt is made to catch them before they post and to remove posts before it is viewed by too many. My 9 year old is also a duster and so I understand your concern about keeping this clean. This post was removed as soon as a mod discovered it, but unfortunately only after 20 views. 20 views is a very high amount of viewers for spam on our forum. We usually catch it sooner. However, like any public forum, things can and do get in.

My apologies to you and your family for that post. I am proud to be a part of this project and it is wonderful that your family is also involved.
By the way, I edited your post for content, so it is also viewer friendly. Sorry!
From dust we come
WorWizard

thank you

Post by WorWizard »

My wife was totally apalled but, after we spoke and I explained a bit more about the project and the detaile of how quickly the post was removes she agreed with me that you were on top of things here.

from the bottom of my heart I thank you for your promptness

Ken Lash - 40 - Duster
Joshua Goodrich (my Son) - 5 - Duster (sort of)
Williiam Jansen -11 - (Older son) Duster, school researcher
Wife - unhappy but supportive woman
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

WorWizard,

Please accept my most sincere apologies. Our moderators have been doing an amazing job keeping the forum clean from spam. Hopefully, most of the forum community is unaware of this, but the forum is spammed nearly constantly and the moderators have been there to clean up as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, a nasty post such as the one you saw goes undetected for a short while (30 minutes in this case!).

Over the past couple of weeks we've seen an increase in spam posts, so I am going to be working to install additional measures to prevent spammers from being able to post.

Thanks for your understaning and thanks to the DustMods for everything they do.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
WorWizard

Post by WorWizard »

bmendez wrote:WorWizard,

Please accept my most sincere apologies. Our moderators have been doing an amazing job keeping the forum clean from spam. Hopefully, most of the forum community is unaware of this, but the forum is spammed nearly constantly and the moderators have been there to clean up as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, a nasty post such as the one you saw goes undetected for a short while (30 minutes in this case!).

Over the past couple of weeks we've seen an increase in spam posts, so I am going to be working to install additional measures to prevent spammers from being able to post.

Thanks for your understaning and thanks to the DustMods for everything they do.

-Bryan
Very much accecpted. Things happen. Your promptness was OUTSTANDING! My compliments. Keep up the good work

WW