time to connect, etc.

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

doc

time to connect, etc.

Post by doc »

Why does it take so long (I have waited 9 min. with no connection) to connect with support? Are the answers to calibration movies chanaged?
I answered Movie 5001412 as having a track and was scored correct. When it came up again (against my instincts) I recorded a track because of earlier scoring. But, this time I was wrong.
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

There is two of every calibration move. If you're having problems connecting the problem is on your end..

Possible solutions is add the ip address here to your hosts file. If you don't know what that is forget about it.

Paste this line in your host file:

128.32.147.16 stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

Save as hosts no extension. Double check there is no extension. Windows likes adding .txt to it. If so rename it. You can view and edit the hosts file by dragging and dropping it into notepad.

Where is the hosts file located?

here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

On a Xp machine. If by chance someday in the future you find that you can no longer connect to stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu then simply delete that line from your hosts file. It means the ip number has changed and the old one no longer works. Rare but you need to be aware of that problem.