"I think I've found a track, what do you think?" A

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

danhart

Did I find something?

Post by danhart »

I think there's a track on movie #3357721V1. Anyone have any thoughts?
the moon

Post by the moon »

The stuff you see in the bottom frame is on the surface. The gel isn't flat in this movie. It should be marked "bad focus".

There I saved you the trouble of posting this again in the other topic after this one gets locked. :P
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Please re-post your message in the "I think I've found a track, what do you think?" thread here http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=647
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
be-one

What's this?

Post by be-one »

goldrake

Re: What's this?

Post by goldrake »

DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Please re-post your messge in the appropriate thread at the top of the forum.

Thanks.
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
isaias

What about this one?

Post by isaias »

Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

Please repost it in this thread: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... c&start=15

PS
I would mark it as a track. :)

locked 8-17
Just dusting... Image
de_revolutionibus

Movie 699614V1--a track perhaps?

Post by de_revolutionibus »

I think I've found one, but a hundred and fifty some seem to disagree. Next time you see it, keep this in mind, and let me know if I'm crazy here... :wink: :lol:

There's a dust particle on the camera's lens, near the bottom. It's kind of fuzzy. Once the movie loads completely, focus down and keep your eye on the dust particle. When you almost completely focus in, you'll see something seem to start to focus right beside (on the left) of the camera dust. It's kind of small, and pretty fuzzy still. Perhaps if the camera could focus down a little more, it would become more noticeable. When you focus up and down quickly, it becomes a lot more apparent.

Take a look. Does anyone agree with me?
Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

Heya!

Please re-post your message here
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=647

so it's shared with everyone in an appropriate forum.

Thanks!

-Shar
Post locked 8/18
silveys

A find or just fooled? Possible track

Post by silveys »

I still new to stardust and getting better at scans, but I came accoss one that I had to stare at for a long time.

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... d=829123V1

I don't think the focus goes deep enough to tell for sure and what I see is hard to spot. It looks like the very top of the beginning of a track very similar to what many of the calibrated scans look like.

Where to look...
Start in the center of the image, go up about halfway, then go left over to the top of the edge of the "blob" there. Slowly focus all the way down and watch for a verrrry faint circle to start to form. I run out of focus adjustment before I can be certain. It caught my eye, then I had to tilt my view several ways to be sure I actually saw at least a shadow of some thing. Most scans I finish in a minute or less, this one took much longer to decide. I seem to be the only one out of 142 so far to mark it as a possible. Opinions?
dbririe

Post by dbririe »

I don't see anything. (however I just quit for the night because I can't see anything anymore :wink: ) However I do think this post would have belonged in the "I think I've found a track, what do you think?" thread
fjgiie
DustMod

Stardust@home Suggestion Thread

Post by fjgiie »

Hi silveys,

Yes I see what you are talking about. If you would like for someone to look at it, paste this post right above in the "I think I've found a track, what do you think?" thread - what dbririe said - Thanks

Lock this:
Thanks,

fjgiie
spaceinvestigator

Big hit on aerogel

Post by spaceinvestigator »

Something big has hit the aerogel on frame 9650471v1. Focus is OK but the "thing" is so deep in the aerogel yhat it can not be seen by the microscope. What do I answer?

Spaceinvestigator :)
nighthawke

509051V1 and 3404574V1 discussion

Post by nighthawke »

Those two slides show classic fracturing of the aerogel substrate of an impact. These artifacts might be small chips of asteriods that impacted at just the right speed, causing the stress marks, yet not blowing through the gel like it had enough momentum to do it. Considering the size and the damage to the substrate, i'd say we caught some carbonaceous or iron asteroid fragments.

Let's get that sample into a "Hot Cell" and see what we got in there.