Describe the universe in one word...

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

Schlockading
DustMod

Post by Schlockading »

everything
Jakson

Post by Jakson »

Thats Easy
MisterSym

Post by MisterSym »

"Travshamockery"
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

OK Jakson, I know I'm not the only one to wonder what 42 is about. Or at least I'm hoping I'm not the only one who doesn't understand! :oops:
Could you offer a meaning?
Thanks!
From dust we come
psaizar

Post by psaizar »

Nikita wrote:OK Jakson, I know I'm not the only one to wonder what 42 is about. Or at least I'm hoping I'm not the only one who doesn't understand! :oops:
Thanks!
Hi all!

Jakson undoubtely knows the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything, and thus he probably knows where his towel is.

I can know envision what the ultimate question may be: how many particles shall we find in the aerogel that will help us get up every morning without wondering why?

I will let Jakson answer Nikita´s question. Else, he will send Marvin to keep me company...

Cheers,

Pedro
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Nikita wrote:OK Jakson, I know I'm not the only one to wonder what 42 is about. Or at least I'm hoping I'm not the only one who doesn't understand! :oops:
Thanks!
OK Nikita, you may not be the only one to wonder about 42; and we'll encourage Jakson to explain- but it's related to why having and extra arm and head can not only help you search for StarDust, but also help you become President of the Universe!
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

Would be nice though if we were to find 42 particles....

Could be the beginning of a whole new religion ;)
Just dusting... Image
tiggertim

Post by tiggertim »

OK Jakson, I know I'm not the only one to wonder what 42 is about. Or at least I'm hoping I'm not the only one who doesn't understand! :oops:
Thanks!
42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, and comes from the book/play/movie/sound recordings of A hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
Basiclly a group of intelligent beings ask the question, and design a super computer to give the answer, then it computes for 7.5 million years, and comes up with the answer of 42.

Cheers

Tim
There is more to life that just the world we live on
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Well, there you go! :D

I know of the book, but unfortunately, I haven't read it. Guess I need to now, especially with this lot!

I did think of the blade of grass from Steven King's Gunslinger series when I thought of this thread, but I thought it would be too far out to mention.

The things we learn....
From dust we come
the martian

Post by the martian »

transcendental

i guess.. , I used dictionary .. :wink:
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
tareq

Post by tareq »

Hey, guys, i still dont know what 42 means, please dont laugh at me :oops: :cry: , and can you give me more details about that number and why it's so important and critical :?: ???!!!!!!!!!!
fjgiie
DustMod

The number 42

Post by fjgiie »

Hi tareq,

It really doesn't mean anything. The answer to a question that is unknown. See link below or GOOGLE "42"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer ... Everything
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

Hey tareq, as stated, "42" comes from what was originally a really far out there book called "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. It was made into a movie a couple of years ago.
tareq

Post by tareq »

So it's a science fiction, i thought it touches reality, any way thank you fjgiie for the website, it was realy usefull, and timestarnge thank you for your usefull and clear comment. thank you guys, i appreciate it.
Samplug

Post by Samplug »

Brobdingnagian ! :P