Are there still unseen Real Movies?

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

greuti

Are there still unseen Real Movies?

Post by greuti »

If I look at my score of 18500 Real Movies and extrapolate it with all the others of us, I guess we have seen already all the existent (circa) 80'000 movies sufficiently. Even yourself got the same Real Movie several times.

I know, it is necessary that as many as possible look at the same movie but... What does that mean? Should we have already a (long) coffee break...
tiggertim

Post by tiggertim »

Can not say for certain, I think there are more movies on the way.

I know that for some movies, I think more careful checking need to be done. I spotted a clear track tonight that only 17 of 209 had marked. Most people had passed over it not realising it was a track. (See low angle tracks for details).

The more times a movie is review, the better the chance someone will notice something that is a bit different.

I am curious as to how many track you now have under your "My Events" listing, what ratio it is compared to others.

Maybe the dustmods might like to organise a poll along that line.

Cheers and happy dust hunting.

Tim
There is more to life that just the world we live on
greuti

Post by greuti »

I am curious as to how many track you now have under your "My Events" listing, what ratio it is compared to others.

Just answered in the low angle thread...
xxxxxy

Post by xxxxxy »

I have now 526 movies in ˝My Events˝.
Groundling

Coffee break?

Post by Groundling »

Yep; you'r home free. You only have 681500 movies to see.
Groundling
I have met the enemy and he is us.
Pogo
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

xxxxxy wrote:I have now 526 movies in ˝My Events˝.
So that's 526 possible tracks out of How many real movies..??
Just dusting... Image
xxxxxy

Post by xxxxxy »

Out of 10525.
georingo

Post by georingo »

I've got 132 out of 8452 (<2%) witch I feel is pretty much. Bu I keep marking most of the inclusions untill further notice..
fjgiie
DustMod

MOVIE UPDATE

Post by fjgiie »

Hi everyone,

If and when Picture perfect: aerogel scanning progress is updated, I bet we will be surprised at the number of movies added. My thinking is that the movies are continuing, it's just the update that has fallen behind. Let's hope that is the case. This movie is new to me >>>
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =1070279V1 Who ever heard of a lit-up hat like that ?

As far as tagged movies - I have clicked on 120 possibles out of 31,407 real movies viewed. Many of the things that I clicked were inclusions. There were only a few that were larger spots or ring shaped. One of the earlier ones was a hunting knife. :) Lately, I have only been tagging things that look like a track, or those small spots like in the calibration movies. (some of those positive cals are tough to see.)

Thanks,

fjgiie