When focusing the image seems to move sideways

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

snikmij

When focusing the image seems to move sideways

Post by snikmij »

Has anyone noticed when focusing downwards that the image appears to slide, mainly to right but at a 45 degree angle.

Is it me?

Or is it an optical illusion, some of the difficult one's I've used the focus button.

Advice anyone?
Jim
Jwb52z

Post by Jwb52z »

Yes, I have noticed that, but I also noticed other things. Some movies move sideways and appear to "slide". Yet, others appear to separate into a wider view as they focus or the blur resolves what you thought were two blurry "objects" into one when it is focused.
icebike

Re: When focusing the image seems to move sideways

Post by icebike »

snikmij wrote:Has anyone noticed when focusing downwards that the image appears to slide, mainly to right but at a 45 degree angle.

Is it me?

Or is it an optical illusion, some of the difficult one's I've used the focus button.

Advice anyone?
This is rare, but does occure.

Could be because of slight camer movement, or simply an illusion caused by the building of the movie, which is composed of 40 seperate jpg images. If the alignment of these individual images is off just a tiny bit you will percieve it as a sliding image.

If the whole field shifts, you just have to be looking for the something that doesn't shift, or shifts in a different direction. That thing might be a slanted track.