System not detecting my + on calibration movies

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

speck

System not detecting my + on calibration movies

Post by speck »

Hi folks,

I need a reality check here.

As I recall, sensitivity is the number of + identified correctly.

I was going along just dandy with the calibration movies (100/100) when my sensitivity began dropping radically.

I started watching and I found that every time I marked a calibration movie as + for a track, it counted that as an incorrect and dinged my sensitivity. Now, if I am marking them as + and they are not, shouldn't that change my specificity?

The ones I've been marking + and being called incorrect, are the really obvious, classic tracks so I'm sure I'm identifying them correctly.

It's like the microscope isn't seeing my + clicks.

This has freaked me out and I've pretty much stopped doing any slides since it may be marking all my responses as - .

I tried to go back and check using the qualifying test movies, but once you pass you can't get access to them anymore.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

speck
- Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonite - I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonite. - Anonymous
speck

Post by speck »

I appear to have fixed this problem by replacing the batteries in my wireless mouse.

Happy hunting,

speck
- Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonite - I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonite. - Anonymous
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

He keeps clicking... and clicking... :lol:
Benedikt

Re: System not detecting my + on calibration movies

Post by Benedikt »

Hi speck,

I still do have the same problem, you described. You are not kidding concerning your way out?

Cheers

Benedikt
Last edited by Benedikt on Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
fjgiie
DustMod

Misses on calibration tracks

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Benedikt,
First, read this in FAQ.
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=473
Now for some sympathy...
Earlier I was clicking along with 100/100% and this same problem started. Of course I clicked on eight large calibration tracks and did not get credit for clicking. One of my problems was that the signal was not getting back to record the click. Now, I click carefully on the bottom edge of the track for one second, click OK for one second. Before I was just clicking quickly and missing.

I don't know if this will help you or not. With all the traffic though, it makes since to me. We like to keep our sensitivity and specificity percentages as high as possible.

You may try this if you like or wait until someone fixes the problem. I will go to the VM and click and see if it is working for me, and edit this post with my answer.

Thanks,
fjgiie
EDIT: My score went up 3 points. The VM seems to be working for me. It recorded three of those large tracks. Now, I clicked the OK for one second, which is probably an old wife's tale.
fjgiie
speck

Post by speck »

Not kidding Benedikt. New batteries have done the trick.

Since then I did run into one of the "dud" movies and got erroneously dinged, but otherwise doing just dandy.

Go ahead and replace your batteries; can't hurt.

Happy hunting

speck