misgraded answer

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

hugo

misgraded answer

Post by hugo »

Calibration movie id11706 and id10635 has an obvious track on the left side, but when I clicked on it, the software claimed my answer was false and that there was no track. :( :( :(
Betelgeuze

Post by Betelgeuze »

same for 10494A :?
tradnoti

Misgraded also

Post by tradnoti »

I also got two misqualified calibration screen. I forgot to write down their number next time will do.
I am quite annoyed as out of 300 samples they are the only one I got bad rating.
Kime1R

10494A

Post by Kime1R »

Betelgeuze wrote:same for 10494A :?
I got this same calibration movie (10494A). It has what I consider to be a fairly obvious track at the top-left. I clicked on the track, and it was graded as incorrect, and my specificity score went down (indicating that the "correct" answer was "no track").

The FAQ (http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... ght=10494a) says that this movie was fixed, but it marked it incorrectly (or at least I disagree with the way it was marked) at about 10am EDT on August 6th.
tomdenise

Post by tomdenise »

I believe that every so called incorrect one I've hit is also a mistake.

And I think that whenever one gets an incorrect hit, that the system should show us where a track is supposed to be or say that there was none... or similar to the training, explain what we are seeing that is not a track if we marked it as such.

The calibration movies are teaching us nothing if it can't show us what we supposedly missed.

update: After reading the faq on this subject, I see what is happening with some of mine. At no time in any of the tutorials or tests does it say to click "precisely on the track". I've just been clicking on the movie with the ones that are blatantly obvious calibration tracks. The lighting is so different in most of those that it's hardly a test to know which are which.
t
xenographia

movie 10494A

Post by xenographia »

yeah, i've the same problem with movie 10494A. i consider it is a very obivious track on left-top. but it went different and now my score goes down. sniff :cry:
macaphilia

Post by macaphilia »

I am also having trouble understanding why I get incorrect answers. I did not realize others were having this problem until I came to the forums. On my last calibration movie, there was no track ( I know to wait for the entire movie image to download, learned the hard way). When I clicked "No Track" the image changed and there was a huge track visible. It was not there before I clicked "No Track". It was like I was seeing a different movie than the one I was graded on. (Didn't get the movie number since I did not think I would need it.)

Now, I question my two other incorrect answers.

Most of you seem to have the opposite problem. seeing tracks that get graded incorrectly. Anyone else having my probem?
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

yes, plenty of people. that's why there's a THREAD IN THE FAQs SECTION about this. please talk about it there.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Indeed. This topic is in the FAQs forum. Please read before posting.

Topic Locked.
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH