Can't log on to VM, cannot login, log in, logon

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

CanonicalKoi

Post by CanonicalKoi »

Miko wrote:...look one up, just refresh page a few times...
;-)
Miko, I'm glad it worked finally for you and I can't speak for MRCL's experience, but still no joy for me, however. I've now tried reloading I-don't-know-how-many-times and it doesn't work. For whatever off the wall reason.

CanonicalKoi
annaz
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by annaz »

Please look at Official Stardust@Home Issue List. If there's still problems, post a reply in that thread.
dust hunter

Can't log on to VM, cannot login, log in, logon

Post by dust hunter »

Yesterday I registered on the site and viewed several movies with the VM. Today when I tried to log on the system would not accept my information. I have had two new passwords sent to me, have even tried copying and pasting them into the log in area and the system will still not let me on. It finally let me get on the forum here- it would not let me do that at first either.

HELP!!! I am stumped how to procede.

Dust hunter
fjgiie
DustMod

Can't Log On

Post by fjgiie »

Hi dust hunter,

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=293

Here are some issues that are known to us:

Issue #1 - Test & Register, getting error message about wrong URL

Problem: Get this error message:
Testing/Registration Error: Your testing/registration URL is incorrect.
This may mean that you pasted in a URL obtained in a previous test.
Each testing URL will only work for the duration of a single test.
Please return to the start of the test.

Now, all this means that you do this.
Act like you're just joining, and use a new nickname and new password.
go through steps 2, 3, and 4.

Thanks,

fjgiie
Aqualung

please help-I can't login

Post by Aqualung »

I keep getting the error 'incorrect name or password' when I try to login to the VM. I have asked for and received two new passwords, neither of which have worked. Is there a general problem or is it just me.

Thanks.
Too old to Rock 'n' Roll, Too young to die.
fjgiie
DustMod

Logging in

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Aqualung,

Please read this link:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... hlight=log

Hope you get logged on.

Thanks,

fjgiie
MarshallWiseman

please help-I can't login

Post by MarshallWiseman »

I drought this will effect many users but I also had a log in problem in the very early stages “bad url” very frustrating after passing three or four tests (I did get better).

What finally worked was a change in e-mail address. I had been using a “family e-mail address”. Our cable company gives a primary address (which they would not change !!!) and allowed four daughter address’ all of which work as if they were “real address”. Only this is sent with a message and the primary e-mail address in the header (not seen by most users.)

When I changed to the primary e-mail address it worked, but not until after trying almost every combination of user names and passwords and failing until I changed and used the primary e-mail.
ksdesk

Errors logging In

Post by ksdesk »

I recently (two days ago) tried to login to continue scanning movies. When I typed in my ID and password and clicked SUBMIT, it sent me to Stardust Error Page. It happened everytime. So I thought I forgot my password. I got sent a new password and it still takes me to a Stardust Error page. Now I know that I did not forget my password because I was able to login into the forums with my original password just fine (guess the two logins are not in sync). Anyway, can someone please look at my ID and help me get back to scanning movies? Thanks.

Steve
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

It's common if you use IE that if you get a error page message and then type in the correct info you will get the same error page. The cure: go back to the login page hold down the shift key and then click reload while still holding down the shift key. Then log in. Try that. If that don't work then clear your web cache folder and if it still does not work then come back here and let us know.
DustBuster
DustMod

Re: Errors logging In

Post by DustBuster »

ksdesk wrote:I recently (two days ago) tried to login to continue scanning movies. When I typed in my ID and password and clicked SUBMIT, it sent me to Stardust Error Page. It happened everytime. So I thought I forgot my password. I got sent a new password and it still takes me to a Stardust Error page. Now I know that I did not forget my password because I was able to login into the forums with my original password just fine (guess the two logins are not in sync). Anyway, can someone please look at my ID and help me get back to scanning movies? Thanks.

Steve
Hi Steve.

This problem is usually associates with troubles connecting to the servers (i.e. traffic, server updating, etc.) It will usually clear up in a short while.

Hope that helps.
ksdesk

Errors Logging In

Post by ksdesk »

I should have mentioned that I am using FireFox as my browser. Anyway, I switched over to IE and tried to log in and it worked fine. Got in no problem. I must have changed something in my FireFox settings that is causing the problem. So thanks for the tip and I'm back to scanning movies!

Thanks

Steve
ksdesk

Cookies!!!

Post by ksdesk »

One more piece of info. The reason I could not log in is because I changed the security settings of my FireFox browser to turn off cookies. I did this because I am experimenting with different security settings to make using the internet safer for my computer. Turns out that cookies are required to login to this site. No problem because I can setup StarDust as a valid exception to the security rules. But that was the ultimate problem.

Steve
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Cookies will not kill you, IE will.
tencupmalta

I can't enter virtual microscope.

Post by tencupmalta »

It's too hard to login the Virtual Microscope, Why?
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

There are several threads where this has been discussed before. The most recent being: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... highlight=
Please search the forum for known problems / resolutions with the different browser types.

This thread is closed

Hopefulley happy hunting ;)
Just dusting... Image