How Much Longer

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Superluminal

How Much Longer

Post by Superluminal »

I've been dusting off and on since this project started. Just curious as to how much longer this is going to go?
caprarom

Re: How Much Longer

Post by caprarom »

Hi, Superluminal. I'm not in a position to provide a definitive answer, but if you've been keeping up with the recordings of our monthly teleconferences that Dan has been posting, you probably have the sense that we can count on a few more years anyway. I think we've still quite a ways to go on the foils, and maybe 30% of the aerogel remains to be examined (some new aerogel tiles might finally be released to us "soon" - as in next year perhaps). If you've seen Augusto's wonderful cartoon set of his dusting life, you'll know a couple of us are planning for the long haul. Dan might provide a better response, but glad you're still with us.
Mike C.
DanZ
Site Admin

Re: How Much Longer

Post by DanZ »

Thanks for chiming in Mike. There does appear to be many years ahead for the team, though part of the research now is to find new ways to do the analysis that can also speed up the project. Anyway, this is a great question for Anna, who will be joining us this Thursday. If you'd like to be part of the conversation, please send me a private message in the forum here. Cheers! Dan