Current Dusters

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

jasonjason

Current Dusters

Post by jasonjason »

Is there any way to find out who and how many people are currently dusting? t seems like there isn't much dusting acivity and it would be nice to be able to view fellow duster online.
caprarom

Re: Current Dusters

Post by caprarom »

John used to do a yeoman's job of this, providing activity stats and graphs of duster activity. Because of the reduced activity in Phase V that you already noted, consensus was it was not worth his considerable time investment to continue that data collection and presentation. We're better off with him dusting, in my opinion. I'll let him comment further if he likes.
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Mike, I’m grateful for your mention of the graphs I used to provide which jasonjason and perhaps a few other new dusters might now appreciate.
The program still languishes somewhere on my hard disk, and with a few tweaks could be adapted to the new scoring system were there enough interest, but I’ve had no reason (or capacity) to store any subsequent SD@H activity.
The Berkeley team of course have all the data and professional expertise to display it in the most graphically informative manner, were they to consider it worth doing.

John
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

I'm not so sure John. My feeling is you did a much better job than we ever could! But let me see what I can squeeze out of the team.

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Sorry, I forgot I always have access to the following statistics. As of this moment in time, 35 users have dusted during the last 30 days and 829 users have dusted during the current phase.

That's the best I can do without additional assistance. But I'm happy to pull up these numbers at any time. Let me know!

Dan