"There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

DanZ
Site Admin

Re: "There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post by DanZ »

jsmaje wrote:Another 70-pointer missed: 7252263V1, but the missed-movie screen has only vertical (without horizontal) red bar markers. Reviewing it I still can’t see anything at any horizontal level within that vertical column, nor any forum report of this particular PM before.
Another one with off-screen coordinates perhaps, as were a frequent complaint in phase 4? How can it possibly happen?

John
I've investigated and it may be part of the programming glitch too John. But regardless, it shouldn't be a PM with an Y coordinate of 0, so I will have it removed. Yet, being a 70-pointer, it would be pretty much impossible to find by just about anyone no matter where it was placed.

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

jsmaje wrote:Aargghh! The very first Power Movie I came across in Phase 5 – and sadly missed - was 6873177V1] (worth 70). A depressing start! But all I can see at the supposed best-coordinates is the tip of the linear component in that commonplace 'jelly/cuttlefish-like' surface artefact (for want of a better description). Not long after, I was presented with a differently-oriented version of the same movie 8524895V1 and simply skipped it just in case, so don’t know if that too was a PM.

John
We've definitely seen these tracks posted in the forum before John. The images below indicate where you should click. The reason why one is worth 70 points and the other 65 is strictly a matter of how often they were correctly found by dusters in Phase IV (i.e., the 65 point one was correctly identified only slightly more often than the 70 pointer). That should change now of course! However, please let me know if they give you any more trouble.

Thanks!

Dan

DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

voyager1682002 wrote:This one has no red markers.

9328475V1 (75 points)

Lily
We should probably change the coordinates to http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... 9&theY=374

I will report it. Thanks for posting!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

laserphil wrote:I thought I would give dusting one more try in the hope that the bugs from the earlier phases would be resolved. I could not have been more wrong. 6243664V1 still gave me a miss when I clicked on the lowest, in focus point . The red bars indicate that the correct point is the out of focus point at 100,450 or thereabouts. I believe that I complained about this on a number of occasions during phase 4. You have lost me!
As posted here, I promised to get this one removed. It probably was, and then the same programming glitch that was allowing non multiple of 5 scored PMs in allowed this one in too. And even if that's not the case, I still owe you a removal, and I shall deliver! But please be patient.

Thanks!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

voyager1682002 wrote:Another one which is not in increments of 5

5893235V1 (59 points)

Should be removed from the VM already (if the glitch was fixed properly), but if not, let me know.

Thanks for reporting it!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Any others I'm missing?

Dan
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

293177V1 - another weird PM that is not only split between different movies, but also seems to contain two different tracks:

The split occurs 5 frames from the bottom, evident from the abrupt change in background artefacts, above which but absent below is I’m sure a tiny Heidelberger at ~14/112 on which I clicked, only to be told I’d missed an 80-pointer at 494/101 (i.e. on the almost exact opposite side). Sure enough, there does appear to be an even more subtle track thereabouts (more like 494/98), this one being apparent both above and below the split in background movies!

I suspect the latter has been pasted erroneously on an un-noticed split movie, the first part of which was also un-noticed to be another PM (or could that be a genuine track?? There is, however, a co-focussing artefactual dark speck to its left, as recognized to be included with several pasted Heidelbergers).
John
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

After finding two potential features of interest, and selecting the wrong one, of course, I found that the horizontal marker for movie 6449193V1 was missing. It should be located at the bottom edge.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

jsmaje wrote:293177V1 - another weird PM that is not only split between different movies, but also seems to contain two different tracks:

The split occurs 5 frames from the bottom, evident from the abrupt change in background artefacts, above which but absent below is I’m sure a tiny Heidelberger at ~14/112 on which I clicked, only to be told I’d missed an 80-pointer at 494/101 (i.e. on the almost exact opposite side). Sure enough, there does appear to be an even more subtle track thereabouts (more like 494/98), this one being apparent both above and below the split in background movies!

I suspect the latter has been pasted erroneously on an un-noticed split movie, the first part of which was also un-noticed to be another PM (or could that be a genuine track?? There is, however, a co-focussing artefactual dark speck to its left, as recognized to be included with several pasted Heidelbergers).
John
A most interesting find John! I will investigate because the track-like thing you found on the left looks very promising. But shall I delete the overall movie from the list of PMs too? What would you do if you were us? (meaning the movie does split, the item on the left you found is in question, but the item on the far right is indeed a genuine track and worth a good deal of points to anyone who finds it)

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

caprarom wrote:After finding two potential features of interest, and selecting the wrong one, of course, I found that the horizontal marker for movie 6449193V1 was missing. It should be located at the bottom edge.
Thanks. Reported and appreciated!

Dan
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

DanZ wrote:What would you do if you were us?
Well, if I were 'us', 'we'd' look further into the left-hand feature - whether a previously unknown potential track or, as I suspect, another pasted one.
The right-hand one cannot of course be a "genuine" genuine track, only a Photoshopped genuine one inadvertently straddling two background movies, for which reason alone I think the whole movie should be withdrawn forthwith. To 'Expect the unexpected' is one thing, but if the team feel we should pay the penalty of not expecting their own mistakes (or I hope not deliberate tricks?) is another.
John
Last edited by jsmaje on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

I see two identical tracks in this movie. Never seen this before. What should I do with something like this? Evelyn/ERSTRS

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... s=?225,186
2 tracks.png
2 tracks.png (70.35 KiB) Viewed 15944 times
tudorbug

Post by tudorbug »

I've seen this pair of tracks a number of times. I have been clicking in the middle, between the two, with no errors reported.

David
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hey, David, THANKS--will click between them if they come my way again. Now, here's another movie in my samples this morning. Appears to be multi-tracks from top to bottom on right. Where would you click?
Evelyn/ERSTRS
Attachments
multiple tracks on right.jpg
multiple tracks on right.jpg (19.96 KiB) Viewed 15936 times
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

David & Evelyn, just FYI, regarding the double track in series, in Phase IV I got this one wrong when clicking on the leading track. Since then, I've always clicked on the "trailing" track and it's been correctly scored.
Mike C.