track 37

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Mitchell Criswell III

track 37

Post by Mitchell Criswell III »

Hi all,

In the News section of this site, under candidates there is a listing for track 34 showing it is found in movie 120310V1 and 2625717V1. But I find no listing for track 37. The report on these new candidates says it is from a new tile and was found in phase 3. Does anyone know what movie it might be found in?

Can't wait to have a look,
Mitchell
DanZ
Site Admin

Re: track 37

Post by DanZ »

We're still trying to figure out details for track 37 including first to click. But I'll poke and see if we can at least have a look.

Dan
Mitchell Criswell III

Hi Dan,

The new movies are great! Extracting the tiles seems to give very clear movies. Dusting is very exciting now, with possible tracks showing up on the Alpha list daily.

Has there been anymore work done on candidate 37? Do we have a movie id number for it?

Ad astra per aspera,
Mitchell
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

I agree regarding the new movies, Mitchell. They are flat, pleasing to the eye, with good contrast, clarity and focal range. I just viewed about 400 or so and I don't recall hitting [bad focus] once. Kudos to the Berkeley Team!

Mike C.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Last I was told the first finder of Track #37 had been identified and contacted. Thus, let me find out when the official announcement on the naming of this particle is expected. You know, sometimes they time these things for meetings and/or publications.

Otherwise, glad you like the new tiles! For those who haven't heard about the new Berkeley scanned tiles, please read the latest blog entry here.

Cheers,

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Name of Track 37 is "Merlin" and the finder is Patrick Fougeray. Hurray Patrick!

DZ
Mitchell Criswell III

Congradulations Patrick! Like the name.

Thanks for the quick response, Dan. I eagerly await the fist view of the track.

Mitch