Stats under the Microscope

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

nitram819

Stats under the Microscope

Post by nitram819 »

Hi guys,

Im wondering if someone can awnser this. One of my collegue has recently started her search for interstellar dust , I have noticed that her statistics are still not showing up under her microscope and I was wondering why.

I looked under her account options and the 'View statistics on the Virtual Microscope' option is enabled.

I thought I had read a topic about the same issue a while ago but I cant find it anymore.

Thanks for the help,
Martin
DanZ
Site Admin

Re: Stats under the Microscope

Post by DanZ »

Hi Martin,

Send me a private message with your colleagues user name and I'll investigate.

Dan
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

Thanks Dan, Ill let you know what the username is tomorow. She just stepped out of the office for the day.
Will
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by Will »

It would also be very helpful to know what browser and operating system versions she's using. And if it is possible to take a screen dump showing the anomaly that would be great. Thanks!
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

No problem Will, We are using IE6 under Win XP Pro SP3 and the problem remains there in Chrome and Firefox 3.5.5.

Same problem when she logs in from home (not sure what kind Pc and software she uses at home thought). I have attached a screenshot of what she see.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Martin
robertl
Site Admin

Post by robertl »

Please get us the username. We can't really look into what's going on without it.

Thanks,
Robert
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

User name sent Robert, per email to you from me this morning.

Dan
tudorbug

Post by tudorbug »

Interesting!

I have the same display and have to click on "Events" each time I finish a film to see if there has been a change. I didnot realize that Events might be display on the same page as the film.

Very kindly, David
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Im wondering if someone can awnser this. One of my collegue has recently started her search for interstellar dust , I have noticed that her statistics are still not showing up under her microscope and I was wondering why. I looked under her account options and the 'View statistics on the Virtual Microscope' option is enabled. - Martin
Hi Martin.

So it looks like we figured this out. It appears the "show statistics" option in the account had somehow gotten trashed. The code has been fixed so that only a valid "Yes" shows up for statistics enabled. To complete the fix, have your colleague go to the "my account" page and turn "show statistics" back on.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Dan
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

There we go, Problem resolved!

I had her go to her 'My Account' and set the Virtual microscope stat option back to On, the next movie that she viewed had statistics showing bellow it.

It worked like a charm, I would like to thank everyone that looked into this issue (Dan, Will and Robert). You guys are the best! :D

Cheers,
-Martin