Completion target date

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Post Reply
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: England

Completion target date

Post by harmony »

What is the current target date for the full upload of all focus movies for the entire array of trays? As I understand it we have about 40% currently, but the lab has been taken over so when will the remaining 60% get scanned and uploaded? Are funds available to continue for another year or so to complete the project?
To be, that is the answer
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:28 am
Location: UC Berkeley Space Sciences Lab

Post by bmendez »

Hi Harmony,

You ask a very important question. The quick (and correct) answer is that we do not know when the scanning will be completed. We think that scanning will be able to restart within a couple of months. But we've learned not to make any specific timeline predictions or promises.

Don't worry about funding. We're confident that we can keep the project funded to completion.

"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
Post Reply