Incorrectly answered calibration movies

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

georingo

Post by georingo »

Wow! this is difficult. My sensitivity is only 88%.... :(

edit ... 87%

What's your score??? Am i doing really so bad?
earthsound

Post by earthsound »

georingo wrote:Wow! this is difficult. My sensitivity is only 88%.... :(

edit ... 87%

What's your score??? Am i doing really so bad?
My sensitivity has been much worse this time around than in Phase I. >95% compared to 58% now. :?:

Add calibration movie 8072362V1 to the list of movies that are supposed to have a track, but all I could see what a bad focus movie: it went in focus from the bottom of the image to the top as you go deeper and no tracks to be found. :(
earthsound

Post by earthsound »

718374V1 is another calibration movie supposedly has a track...but I disagree. This sample has uneven focus which could be mistakingly taken as a track. :(
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

earthsound wrote:718374V1 is another calibration movie supposedly has a track...but I disagree. This sample has uneven focus which could be mistakingly taken as a track. :(
Unfortunately we cannot see the movie from that number alone. Can you post the whole link next time?

I agree there are some that are hard to see, but I have gotten used to them. My specificity is 98% and sensitivity 93% (it was much worse earlier)
A journey of 1000 miles begin with just one step.
cretinbob

Post by cretinbob »

Oh here's one and maybe a clue

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1

When I looked at it this first time there was absolutely no track. Then when I clicked back to get the info, the photoshopped track appeared. It stuck out like a sore thumb so there's no way I missed it the first time. SOmething strange is going on indeed.
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Titanium wrote:
earthsound wrote:718374V1 is another calibration movie ...
Unfortunately we cannot see the movie from that number alone.
Yes we can - see this.
Andhere it is.
fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

cretinbob wrote:Oh here's one and maybe a clue

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1

When I looked at it this first time there was absolutely no track. Then when I clicked back to get the info, the photoshopped track appeared. It stuck out like a sore thumb so there's no way I missed it the first time. SOmething strange is going on indeed.
Hi cretinbob,

The track in movie 9271184V1 is only noticeable in the last three or four frames. On my machine (ie7), the last few frames will not show on the screen until both movies are loaded. I always have to wait until both blue bars turn blue before I can see those last two or three frames. Also it does no good to click, using my machine, until both movies are loaded.

If I run my mouse up and down the focus mechanism I can slow down IE7 so the movie is very slow to load, so my mouse pointer never touches the blue focus bar until both movies are loaded. I have also not seen the track and come back later and it would be there.

Let both movies load when using IE.

tough cm
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Yea fjgiie,
I got tagged with a few errors for not waiting on the screens to load and some of these were big fat hits so it's not just the small ones that don't load on IE.

Roy Ezell 8)
"And That is why you fail!"
Yoda
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Here is one on the other side of things,
I waited for the page to down load and in the last frames on the focus bar a box shows up with a speck in it.
I thought it was one of the CM that did not match the background but when I hit the spot it did not give a point it loaded into my events page,it's 1 hit only so do we get to name the computer made specks??? HEEHEE :lol:

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... ?id=8015V1

Roy Ezell 8)
"And That is why you fail!"
Yoda
fjgiie
DustMod

Real McCoy

Post by fjgiie »

Mr. Roy, you might be got yourself a namerer there!
earthsound

thanks!

Post by earthsound »

jsmaje wrote:
Titanium wrote:
earthsound wrote:718374V1 is another calibration movie ...
Unfortunately we cannot see the movie from that number alone.
Yes we can - see this.
Andhere it is.
Thanks for the link to the post showing how we can view CMs.

Looking at the one above, isn't it rather obvious that there is uneven focus?

As you move down through the video, the focus shifts from the bottom left of the frame to the upper right, which is why, IMO, it is tagged as having a track. :(
speck

Post by speck »

I'm using Firefox as my browser. I haven't really had any problems with it in almost a year of dusting but I think I am running fjgiie is describing.

There have been numerous slides where I have received a hit to my sensitivity score but I know I searched them carefully and didn't see any track.

I have noticed that this goes in streaks. For example, last evening I racked up three sensitivity hits withing half an hour. The server was slow at the time and I suspect that I was running into the snag from not having both movies completely loaded.

Are others experiencing this? If so, perhaps we should start a thread with this as the topic so the warning can reach more people.
- Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonite - I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonite. - Anonymous