"I think I've found a track, what do you think?"

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Titanium,

Yes, I thought looping's movie had something in it that I wish I had clicked on. Very interesting.

On your two movies, I looked hard and did not see anything in the first one. In your second movie I did see that blurry looking circular spot comming into focus at bottom focus. The thing that makes that look "not like a track" is that it does not start just below the surface. It is an inclusion that only shows up late. (my opinion and guess)

You know what? I would have thought long and hard about clicking on it anyway.
stardust1

Post by stardust1 »

6737335V1 1 1 Indeterminate
Wir leben in einer Zeit vollkommener Mittel und verworrener Ziele. (Albert Einstein)
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

fjgiie wrote:Hi Titanium,

Yes, I thought looping's movie had something in it that I wish I had clicked on. Very interesting.

On your two movies, I looked hard and did not see anything in the first one. In your second movie I did see that blurry looking circular spot comming into focus at bottom focus. The thing that makes that look "not like a track" is that it does not start just below the surface. It is an inclusion that only shows up late. (my opinion and guess)

You know what? I would have thought long and hard about clicking on it anyway.
The first one is REALLY small.

stardust1 - very nice
A journey of 1000 miles begin with just one step.
earthsound

i think i found something in a calibration movie

Post by earthsound »

I ran across a calibration movie, 9826632V1, and supposedly there isn't anything there. However, if you go to the frame one up from the bottom and look at the bottom of the image near the middle, you'll see something coming into focus not at the same level as the rest of the material in the sample:

Is there a way to report possible mis-diagnosed calibration movies?

Also, though the movie ID was reported as 9826632V1, if you look at http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =9826632V1, it's a different movie than the one that I viewed earlier. :| Is that common or an error?

[edit]I'll add another calibration movie where I found an artifact but supposedly there isn't one in this sample:

Again, this movie was given ID 2297557V1 in the Virtual Microscope, but when I try to view it at http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =2297557V1, it's a completely different movie. :(
fjgiie
DustMod

One I like very much!

Post by fjgiie »

Hi earthsound,

Please see this link for reviewing calibration movies.

Good Track
7611659V1
stardust1

Post by stardust1 »

fjgiie wrote:(...)
Good Track
7611659V1
Which one? (kidding)
--------------------------------
"Walking dot" on a real movie:
Movie 655615V1 1 1 Indeterminate
Looks like one of the new CMs. An inclusion?
What do you think?
Wir leben in einer Zeit vollkommener Mittel und verworrener Ziele. (Albert Einstein)
fjgiie
DustMod

A hole and a hill

Post by fjgiie »

Hi stardust1,

We may both strike out (like in baseball) with 655615V1 & 7611659V1. Yours looks like a little hill and mine looks like a little hole. :oops: The one I liked was the lefthand one because it looked like a depression. I believe your "track" does not emulate a CM because it becomes visible too late. It is not necessary for a track to look like a CM you know. The CM's are just the best guess that could be made. As you know the real tracks could be somewhat different. Best of luck finding a real track this go-around.

fjgiie
stardust1

Post by stardust1 »

Hi fjgiie,
Your are certainly right (as always). My sample is likely to be buried.
A track - real or constructed - should start at the surface.
It should not be deeply buried,
it should not "fly" or "stick in the gel" extending above the surface :shock:
and it should be expected a seldom event. :roll:

Thanks and best of luck!

-stardust1
padde

Post by padde »

7366921V1 1 1 Indeterminate
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Hiya folks,
I clicked on something that needs to be checked and the system added a (answered incorrectly) point to my score,it's clear to me that there is something in the pic at the bottom middle about a 3/4" up from the bottom next to the dark surface spot right in the middle at about 4:00 from the dark surface spot about 1/4" away from it?
8232228V1

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1

I can't tell what it is but it does need to be checked,Maybe someone missed it when they posted this CM?

let me know what you guys think?

Roy Ezell
earthsound

Re: One I like very much!

Post by earthsound »

fjgiie wrote:Hi earthsound,

Please see this link for reviewing calibration movies.

Good Track
7611659V1
Thanks, fjgiie, for the link to the thread regarding calibration movie IDs and not being able to look at them through the myevents_viewer.php script.

Regarding a method for suggesting calibration movies we think may be mis-diagnosed, is there something in place for that?
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Here is a nice set of three or four somethings? HeeHee

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6397598V1

Roy Ezell 8)
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Here is one that looks like a low angle hit 1/2" down and two inches from the left but I see no particle,? Maybe it came back out?looks like it goes top left to lower right about 3/4" long.

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6908737V1

looks like the ones we saw last time going across top of the gel but it goes down in the gel at a angle kind of deep like it cracked the gel when it hit you can see what I mean at lower focus levels ?strange!

Roy Ezell 8)
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

5 somethings at the lower end of the focus bar?

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =3090956V1

Roy Ezell 8)
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

Roy Ezell wrote:5 somethings at the lower end of the focus bar?

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =3090956V1

Roy Ezell 8)
While I might click some anyways, they look like inclusions to me. They only appear for a few slides, and suddenly. It seems that (from the CMs) a track would take many more slides to come into focus. Just my (little) experience so far.
A journey of 1000 miles begin with just one step.