Latest update

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Denise

Latest update

Post by Denise »

I just wanted to say thanks for the latest update.
It's the sort of feedback that I've wanted, as a semi-pseudo-scientist-manque'. It makes me feel happy.
And, for those of my friends who see the A4 copy on my wall of the movie which has a "possible" on it (circled in green and marked "Denise's stardust", of course), this quote from the update will set them, and me, on the way to understanding a little...
"a tiny particle track (from a particle with a mass of only about a picogram, one trillionth of a gram) extracted in a "picokeystone" (a little keystone on a bigger keystone)" ... one trillionth of a gram, I imagine, would be a little less than if I cut the nearly invisible end off one of my cat's hairs..? (he is a ginger cat)
Well, it is hard to explain to others. Specially when, as a duster, you feel you're tracking over a large expanse of landscape,
So, for anyone who hasn't, I recommend you read the update.
anyone got the key?
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

- It's like trying to find the solar wind trail from stars on the galactic rim!!!
From dust we come
Denise

Post by Denise »

But nice when you feel, for a tiny moment, that you felt the touch of a breeze on your cheek..?
anyone got the key?
Denise

Post by Denise »

I have to apologise for my earlier posting, now that my cat has read it. I did not mean to infer or suggest that anyone should cut off any part of my cat's hairs, either now or in the future, for any reason whatsoever, including reasons of scientific research and (he wants to add) any forensic connnections to the rotting mouse recently found under the sticky-up bit of carpet next to the radiator.
Signed by Denise Witnessed by Corkie
anyone got the key?
Star Gezzer

Cat Hair in the Universe

Post by Star Gezzer »

Shades of a hitch hikers guide to the universe
Denise

Post by Denise »

Can't deny it. Specially since the forerunner of my ginger cat was called Marvin...
anyone got the key?