Hmm...

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

entropydave

Hmm...

Post by entropydave »

Having done about 12600 real viewings... why do I feel like I am part of a 21st C. version of the Milgram experiment?!!!
"I have the most excellent proof that x^3=y^3+z^3, however my signature is too small to contain it..."
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

I don't know why you would think that. There no pressure here for you to participate nore to do things against your consience. ;)

However, i do ask you to use a clear title when starting threads on the forum.

Happy hunting.
Just dusting... Image
entropydave

Post by entropydave »

I know - I was just being funny - actually I find it quite therapeutic.
I'm not doing badly - I'm 290 in the scale - I just wonder sometimes why I do it!
And you're right - no one's forcing me... except me!!

darn! I need a shrink!
cgbs2007

for fun

Post by cgbs2007 »

Well, not sure why I am doing it either, except it is somewhat soothing. I have two small children and I find it rather calming to sit and just stare at a computer screen for a while. Seems better than playing a computer game or a game of cards.

I am also enjoying the thought I might actually 'find waldo' and be a part of advancing space science in some small way. I have been interested in theoretical astronomy since college and this seemed like a good use of a few minutes here and there of my time. (Which with small children is about all I have.)

Not to mention that I am sure someone is tracking anthropological aspects of this experiment and it amuses me to participate on that level as well.

Hope you are having fun too!
entropydave

Post by entropydave »

Exactly! I have 3 small kids (well, up to 14 yrs) and it is strangely therapeutic - I plug in some music and click and scroll, click and scroll.... and it isn't so bad from an anthropological point of view being an ant in an ant farm, as long as I know or believe it!
"I have the most excellent proof that x^3=y^3+z^3, however my signature is too small to contain it..."