Official Stardust@Home Issue & Status List UPDATED 10:57

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

A add on to the post two post back, Somebody beat me to Submit.

If that is what they have done that is a big mistake, All browsers resize images differently. Here we are trying to determine focus on the tiniest detail. One thing though if they fix it they must make sure the zoom bar is still available on the right on a 640 X 480 screen when the page is full screen.

Looked at writing a GreaseMonkey script to fix it but it's just easier to fix the page. Who cares if there is three rows of buttons at the top instead on two? Should move those to the bottom anyway cause it will cut down on the amount of scrolling you need to do.

I'll take function over looks any day.

What a dumb move that was. I was trying to see if I could fix it with Bookmarklets. A part of Firefox. Woops i clicked on two movies. No track there. Hard to fix on a live window.

Because you resized the images sides different you can forget fixing it that way. No wonder why the calibration movies looked all goofed up. Especially the small dots. We get two parallel vertical lines. Now I know why. Now I know why some large tracks don't line up perfectly, It's suppose to be a perfectly strait line.. Wonder how many of those I missed cause of this.
wonderdogxyz

Post by wonderdogxyz »

Tonight , 9-14, I started getting the Java script error on just about every movie.
fjgiie
DustMod

Better now

Post by fjgiie »

Better now.
Howie

TOO MANY CM MOVIES???

Post by Howie »

Hi There,

Since the start of this project I have thought there were too many CM movies,,,Ok ,,,I am now ranked about 300!!! I think I got it by now???

This morning for example, I viewed 55 CM's in 1 hour and 10 minutes!
I wish half of them would have been real movies!!!

Sometimes I get 5-6 out of ten movies, this is 50% plus!

Of my viewed list, I do not see a movie that has been viewed 300 times?
With 14,000 participants you would think more people would have viewed and clicked, especially the movies with many hits like 80 hits and marked passed 1st cut or inclusion or no terrestrial.

Anyone Agree????
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Irritating that does not begin to describe this resize the images.. What where you thinking? I installed platypus and tried to modify on the fly this statement...

height="375" width="500"

To the correct dimensions..

height="384" width="512".

I turned Zone Alarm on to lock so it would block the web and made the changes, You have to click on the image so Platypus knows what square you want to modify. Fixed it, went back on line got a tardy cause the image I was working on at the time was obviously a calibration movie and i clicked on it to gain the focus...

It's easer for you guys to just FIX THE PAGE !

Don't resize the images in the browser. If you resize images you must do it proportional... html 101. a no brainer...

Actually it is proportional but it's adding a lot of error. The browser does not respect your jpg compression setting and just picks it's own. if you had it 75% compression it might just change it to 40%. Nothing is set in stone when you give control to the browser.
Bosox

You have reached this page via an unusual route

Post by Bosox »

I just registered and keep getting this message after clicking "no track:"
You have reached this page via an unusual route, possibly by pressing the "back" button on your browser. So your answer on this movie won't be counted.
Needless to say, I'm not hitting the back button. Any help?
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Hey Bosox!

Welcome to Stardust and congrats on passing the test!

This issue has come up before. I tried to find an exact answer, but I couldn't find one. It looks like it was temporary for most people. Are you still having problems?

Keep us up to date. Good luck and happy dusting!
From dust we come
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Noticed, Some calibration movies give you a point for both so if you answered one of those wrong you would see the result you discribe.
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

OK Bosox, I might have some ideas for you.

I went up to the search function and types "via an unusual route" and it gave me the threads with that in them. Under Problems and support forum, look at the "Which Web Browser to Use" and you might find some help there.
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... sual+route

Here's another one:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... sual+route

And one thread had an obscure post about firewalls causing problems.

Now, I am no computer whiz and I'm sure some of the others may laugh at this and give you the real answers, but perhaps some of this will get you started.

Good luck!
From dust we come
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Mighty Pete wrote:Noticed, Some calibration movies give you a point for both so if you answered one of those wrong you would see the result you discribe.
Hey there!
There is a thread devoted just to this:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=371
I think Bosox is getting this outside of just these calibration movies. You are describing a new development. Could you also post that you are having the "unusual route" message when the calibration movies give you a double score. I haven't read about that before.

Thanks and happy dusting!
From dust we come
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Nikita: I haven't really been paying attention to those though. I would have never even noticed except for the way I quit for the night. I usually leave my score like 11111 or 11222 something like that, so when I'm coming up I start watching. Like say I have a score of 11110 and i figure ok one more and I'll quit and then one comes up and I have a score like 11112, Huh? Only clicked on a single movie. Is it a bug, I don't know, Firefox, ZoneAlarm. It's very rare. Noticed it maybe twice in 12438 calibration movies.
Senator

Re: Issue 5 – JavaScript wouldn’t load images

Post by Senator »

I have had this problem with the messages coming one after the other, getting a new pop up each time I finish with a movie.

I have found that if I ignore the problem, I still get the movies, but after about 6 in a row I change browsers (see below).

I also found that it only happens to me in the Firefox browser and if I switch to IE, I do not get any more. The problem here is that I prefer Firefox because it does not have that annoying, 'are you sure you want to click a possible track,' pop up.

NOTE: This forum thread is not organized by date and I have to hunt all over the place to find recent questions. I am using Firefox right now but that should make no difference.
fflo

Post by fflo »

Senator wrote:I also found that it only happens to me in the Firefox browser and if I switch to IE, I do not get any more.
This phenomenon is wellknown, not really harmful and it does occur - once in a while - in my system with both, Netscape Browser and Internet Exporer. I.e., I don't think it depends on the browser. So, I would keep Firefox.

fflo
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

and it skips those images in the next movie (you may notice the jump from the missing frame(s)- but hitting reload will remedy the error.

The forum is organized by date... first posts first, and the search function is less than friendly, but it could be worse.
stevekrz

problem #5 javascript and error loading images

Post by stevekrz »

I have been getting these errors more frequently for the past month or so.
I have tried mozilla, firefox, seamonkey and MS IE 6.x all with same error rate.
It has now reached the "chronic stage".

It is now peaking at about the 90% (9 out of 10 new images) rate when loading images.
At it's best it is 50% error rate.
Usually one to three frames cannot load.
Hitting refresh or reload does not fix the error.
I turned on the javascript console to capture the errors:

Error: Unknown property 'font-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stardust.css
Line: 1154
(lots of these on every image load...)

Error: Expected color but found '#FFFFF'. Error in parsing value for property 'background-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stardust.css
Line: 360
(these occur once in a while, or not very often)

Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to get property XULElement.accessKey' when calling method: [nsIDOMXULLabelElement::accessKey]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "JS frame :: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1 :: JS_error :: line 120" data: no]
Source File: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1
Line: 120
(these occur with the javascript cannot load image errors)