tap-to-click caused false positives

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

mmolvray

tap-to-click caused false positives

Post by mmolvray »

When checking "My Events" I was surprised to find movies where I hadn't (consciously) clicked on a possible track. I was sure I had tap-to-click turned off. After a totally improbable "event", I checked, and sure enough, the damn tap-to-click had somehow been turned on.

I don't know how to let the Stardust team know about false positives, so I'll do it here. The following are _not_ Events according to me:

Movie 521807V1
Movie 7865419V1
Movie 628864V1

(Also, now that I have more practice, I'm 99% sure that Movie 3007377V1 is also a false positive, but that one was just an ordinary mistake.)

Anyway, the point to this post is that if you're kind of a klutz, like me, be sure to turn off tap-to-click!
Mikey

Re: tap-to-click caused false positives

Post by Mikey »

mmolvray wrote:... be sure to turn off tap-to-click!
What is "tap-to-click"?
DustBuster
DustMod

Re: tap-to-click caused false positives

Post by DustBuster »

Mikey wrote:
mmolvray wrote:... be sure to turn off tap-to-click!
What is "tap-to-click"?
It's a feature usually on notebook/laptops when you are using a touch pad in lieu of a mouse- instead of clicking, like you would with a mouse button, you tap the pad to indicate a click.

for mmolvray;
Your false positives will be of no consequence- since you are probably the only user that clicked on those movies, their ranking will be very low, (1), and will be disregarded as erroneous. Keep up the good work!