Possible Java Fix for some of us, at least for me!!!

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Howie

Possible Java Fix for some of us, at least for me!!!

Post by Howie »

In most cases, you can ignore them. Script error messages are displayed by Internet Explorer when there is a problem with the JavaScript or VBScript code on the website you are viewing. Occasionally a script error can be caused by an error in downloading a webpage, but more often it is an error in the webpage itself.

To be sure it isn't an error in downloading, refresh the webpage (click the Refresh Current Page button). If the error persists, and you are not a developer testing a website, you should click No to ignore the error.

To avoid script errors in the future, you can turn off script debugging in Internet Explorer.

******* Turn off script debugging in Internet Explorer*********

Script error debugging is turned off by default. If it has been turned on, follow these steps to turn it off again.

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

3. Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable Script Debugging (Other) check boxes, and then click OK.
***********************RESTART COMPUTER****************

...Note>>>

I had them turned off, but with microsoft updates recently, they must have been added back in system???
I power tested for about 10 minutes and only got 2 script errors, which may have been bad movies, and only one movie where the script left blank screen in the focus...Seems it worked for me!!!

Should be able to do the same thing for other systems...

Mods..........If there is a better place for this, feel free to move it!!!

Howie************Ok , I have not seen any replies, but I can say all day, that the error script for me has gone down to about 1 every 15 min.

My speed has picked up and even more speed after a complete computer clean via, XP and some misc. programs I use!!!

It is so fast now, I don't even wait!!!
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Howie.

I don't think ignoring the javascript errors is the best way to advise others on how to fix or workaround them; In Internet Explorer, for each javascript error in a focus movie, there is one frame of that movie (usually the next up movie) missing -unless you can reload it without the errors.
I'm willing to bet the error has the same effect on most browsers, and those 2 or 3 frames may be crucial.

I would suggest if you have technical information that may be helpful concerning the project, to post it in the suggestion thread or run in by the Administrator to confirm your findings before starting a new thread.

Thanks.
Howie

Reply to Mod...

Post by Howie »

Hi There,

It is not a workaround, nor ignore. It just does not diplay the error box you have to keep pressing for every frame script missing.

The movie still has the missing frames, which you will spot just as with the time it takes to keep pressing the OK script box.

Plus script logging is wasting time on your computer and Java is mainly used by persons setting up web site pages etc.

The bad ones may still pop up, but not at the current rate. I proved it by turning it on and off many times. Plus some of the error scripts I get, when I click it OK, there is nothing wrong with the movie, no missing frames!!!

Until recently they were not even used, but all the new stuff out there,
Microsoft updates and certain programs are doing things the average user does not need.

I am waiting for someone to agree with me...
I have been fixing and rebuilding and updating computers since 1994!
I kinda know what I am talking about, but not a professionally!

The servor in question aught to know how to fix the problem!!!!
Sincerely,
Howie
PS Send to administrator or move this to the proper place...Thanks Again.

Here is the Microsoft URL on some problems...go down to java problems, and also some other good info on page...