Any perfect scores?

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

DiamondGirl

Any perfect scores?

Post by DiamondGirl »

I've seen so many posts and messages about specificity and sensitivity percentages, etc. it made me wonder:

Does anyone still have a perfect 100% / 100% score out there?

:P
Groundling

DiamondGirl

Post by Groundling »

Hi DiamondGirl;
I would hope that nobody's perfect. That would be really depressing. :wink:
Groundling
I have met the enemy and he is us.
Pogo
fjgiie
DustMod

One perfect score

Post by fjgiie »

DiamondGirl wrote:Does anyone still have a perfect 100% / 100% score out there?
:)
DustBuster
DustMod

Re: One perfect score

Post by DustBuster »

fjgiie wrote:
DiamondGirl wrote:Does anyone still have a perfect 100% / 100% score out there?
:)
:chortle:
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

If anyone has got 100/100% I doubt the've been here since the beginning. Pretty much everyone, unless lucky, got dinged by the several CMs they had with incorrect coordinates in early August. Despite all the many requests / threats / tears / promises of large sums of money, or unfettered access to their body etc., the team have so far declined to make reparation... :wink:
Eric

yes

Post by Eric »

I do have 100%/100%, but I stopped dusting with a score of 100. Yes, I was here from the beginning. Unfortunately I no longer can dust due to my job now that I've graduated from college.

Eric
DustBuster
DustMod

Re: yes

Post by DustBuster »

Eric wrote:I do have 100%/100%, but I stopped dusting with a score of 100. Yes, I was here from the beginning. Unfortunately I no longer can dust due to my job now that I've graduated from college.

Eric
Bon voyage Eric.

Congrats on the new job... it aint easy, but not everyone can be a GOD, right?

Your input is greatly appreciated. We'll be here for a while if you get bored (or nostalgic).
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Hi Everyone

I still have a 100% 100% after my first 100 movies, with 32 calibration movies thrown in, and I had a perfect score during the exam.

But I do have a small advantage over most people I know (and don't know too I guess)...I've had 20/10 vision from when I was first tested at 17 for a job application up until I was around 30 or so. I've been 20/13 since and I'm 50 now. At 32 I got onto our Fire Dept here and in the eye test I scored 20/13 but I knew I could've done better...I kinda poked myself in the left eye when I switched covering eyes... :shock: (LOL)
We get tested bi-yearly and I've stayed 20/13 to date.

As we get older our normal "reading" focus changes and I thought I was going blind for awhile. Turned out I was an undiagnosed diabetic and the high glucose levels affected my vision. Once I got that under control for the most part, my vision has returned. I do have trouble focusing while reading smaller print in low light nowadays but it's more because I'm tired most times (other diabetes related issue) and my last vision test last year was still 20/13.
Nearly blew the Doc away...he says at my age he's never seen anyone with that good vision still.

I guess I've always been "Eagle Eyes" and never really knew the difference until I had that diabetic issue.
Once I saw this StarDust effort tho, I KNEW I had to join!!
I've always been fascinated by Astronomy and knew I could be of real help here.

I hope to continue a perfect score as long as possible, but I've seen that thread on cheaters and I can't believe someone would possibly corrupt an effort such as this by simply trying to look "Better" than others.

My ONLY concern for keeping a perfect score is for the research....PERIOD! If I can make sure that all the movies I view are done the best I can do them, that's my only concern. Heck...I'll even pull out a magnifying glass to make sure something real small doesn't get past. Never know, I did click on one "very" small item I saw that just didn't fit anything I'd seen yet and that's why I came by here, to see if there was anywhere to post a questionable movie #, as well as marking it normally.

Anyway, Happy Hunting Y'all!

Dave
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Hello Dave!

You have two choices to post your movie. Here: I Found A Cute, Funny, Interesting... or here: I Think I've Found a Track....

Congrats on the good eye sight. I also had 20/15 for years. Now I have some slight muscular strain and the beginning of myopia. Let me tell you, the loss of that extra vision to 20/20 does feel like a loss. But I found that it takes a critical eye as well as sharp vision. On some of these movies, it doesn't matter how good my vision is, blurred is still blurred. Still, I am at Specificity: 100.00% & Sensitivity: 98.71% with only 5 missed calibration movies. I can't lie, the research is important, but since the top 100 is outta my league, I am working to be sure that I have a good score!

Congrats on the perfect score, lets see how long you can do it! Most of us missed early on in our dusting days as we were learning. Perhaps, since you didn't, you'll stay at a perfect score for quite some time!

Good luck!
Nikita
From dust we come
Star Gezzer

Perfect Score

Post by Star Gezzer »

Hang on to that perfect score you will need it when your score gets bigger. I just counted how many correct calibration movies it took to get a .01 % improvement in my specificity score. It took 3, 812 correct calibration movies 99.8 % 82,005.
DustSabre

Post by DustSabre »

Must be hard to dust efficiently, though, if you agonize over every movie to make sure it's not a calibration...
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Hi all

DustSabre

I don't know about the others but I don't "agonize" over any calibration movie, my entire reason for being here is to put my good eyesight towards a useful purpose.

That said...I just missed my first one at 455 views...AARGHHHH!!
(LOL)

Can't believe I missed one, still don't think I did, I think it was a Focus one. So far I've been able to spot a track easily, only a couple so far were small and a little tougher but they still stood out easily and I make a point of not moving on until I'm certain of what I decide on...oh well. I think I was getting a bit dozy there and slipped up. Time to give it a rest I think, being dozy certainly isn't the time to be doing this stuff. So my Sensitivity is off a bit now, I'll just have to be extra positive from now on.

I just want to be thorough for the project still, that's the whole idea behind this isn't it. I know my vision is good and I can help and being as close to perfect as I can get, hopefully I can be considered among the "Trusted Dusters". It would be SO COOL to actually be one of the dusters to find an real Space Dust particle!!
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Chappy,

Welcome to the club my friend...welcome to the club.

Glad to hear you aren't going to quit because of one little speck. It has happened to the best of us!
From dust we come