where can we view candidate events

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

rgedaly

where can we view candidate events

Post by rgedaly »

Where can I view all of the candidate events? Only one of my tagged events has passed the 2nd cut, but I understand there are many more events that have already made the cut.

I'm guessing that I must have viewed at least some of the movies and dismissed the events as artifacts. I want to understand what I'm failing to spot. Otherwise, I'll just continue to dismiss similar events.

Regarding my single event which passed the cut; I no longer even think it's a good candidate. Several smaller events come into focus at the same point in the movie; but they are smaller and go out of focus by the last few slides. It now appears to me that the candidate is starting to unfocus by the final slide. It may just be it's size which makes it appear to remain somewhat in focus until the last slide.
tiburd

Post actual finds?

Post by tiburd »

When actual tracks start to be confirmed in movies from the mission, it would be really helpful if the team would post a link to a library of those movies for our review.
tiburd
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Confirmed tracks will be included in an updated tutorial and in the examples page. We have not confirmed any tracks as yet, however.

So until then, keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
icebike

Re: where can we view candidate events

Post by icebike »

rgedaly wrote:Where can I view all of the candidate events? Only one of my tagged events has passed the 2nd cut, but I understand there are many more events that have already made the cut.
Watch the Updates section of this Forum. There is at least one post there showing possible candidates which you canclick to view.

These are tentive possible maybe candidates to be evaluated tentively for possible promotion to further investigation to see if the qualify to be suspected candidates which is a whole step up from a possible maybe candidate but far from a real certified candidate, which, in turn is light years away from a possible track, which in turn is an eternity away from even the faintest degree of certainty.

In other words, nobody is even thinking about reaching for their pen to sign on the dotted line...