"I think I've found a track, what do you think?"

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

Well marcia i see several objects which all appear and disappear in the same way. The fact that there are multiple similar spots here make me lean to the conclusion "inclusions" here. But then again, would there have been only one such a feature in the movie and given the new CM's, i would have clicked on it. So perhaps...
Just dusting... Image

marcia

Post by marcia »

Hi Wolter,

I mean what you can see left-center near the edge of the movie. If you focus to the last frame, you see something which looks like some tracks on the CM's. And IMHO that looks different from the other surface-dust-things or inclusions.

Marcia

Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

well, we'll see in a "couple" of months, won't we ;)
Just dusting... Image

Koranzite

Something?

Post by Koranzite »

Anyone recken that this:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =4987728V1
has something on the last picture? :?

gbell

.........Options.......

Post by gbell »

gbell

.............Options

Post by gbell »

marcia

Post by marcia »

Hi gbell,

WOW! That last one is defenitely a HAT! With big dustgrains.

marcai

alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

My take on the above postings:

Koranzite - your two middle/bottom right objects defocus as quickly as they come into focus, and to me look like debris on a slightly lower surface than that of the left. Unless you're referring to something else?

gbell - if only there were a few more focus levels for your group of four, but really interesting! - I'd click the first three anyway. And greuti may know whether your spectacular HAT has been seen before at lo-res or not.

alpha1 - all look like inclusions to me; OK, it would be nice to have deeper focus levels again to be sure, but I don't see evidence of any higher aerogel disturbance to suggest actual tracks.

elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

How about this one? Bottom, last few frames. Couple other spots with late focus, so hard to say. A definite maybe?

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =5300563V1

jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

elainekeefe wrote:A definite maybe?
Definitely (maybe).

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Hello,

I've always been kind of envious when I saw these 'clear candidates' some dusters present here; always thinking: why don't I get such movies?

Anyway, I would like to know what you think about this one:

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =4951579V1

There is a weak line from the bottom to the top on the right half of the movie. Unfortunately, it does not really come into focus. But it seems as if the bottom part of it barely comes into focus, while the upper part could come into focus if there were a few more focus bars...
Reminded me a bit of high angle tracks, but this line here is not straight... Maybe only another odd sub-surface feature?

I just clicked it, because they said anything that is suspicious could be important...

Claudia

fflo

Post by fflo »

Nobody wrote:Hello,

.............................. what you think about this one:

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =4951579V1

There is a weak line from the bottom to the top on the right half of the movie. ........................................Reminded me a bit of high angle tracks, but this line here is not straight... Maybe only another odd sub-surface feature?

I just clicked it, because they said anything that is suspicious could be important...

Claudia
Servus Claudia,
This movie has, besides your "suspicious track" another suspicious feature. I would have clicked one of the two in order to have the Team eventually investigate further.
My opinion.
fflo

from dust we come- for dust we search - to dust we go

fjgiie
DustMod

CM Like

Post by fjgiie »

Normally not worth posting but this looks like a calibration track so rite cheyah !

cthiker

Re: CM Like

Post by cthiker »

fjgiie wrote:.
Normally not worth posting but this looks like a calibration track so rite cheyah !
Hey fjgiie! Totally would have a click from me if I saw it - definitely in the CM realm!! I like the "movement" towards the upper-left while much of the rest of the stuff is pretty still.

Great catch - hope you were #1 on it! :D

Lotsa luck, and Happy Dusting!
"StarDust@Home II: The Sequel - Tracking Up Close and (somewhat more) Personal"...opening this August at a browser near you!