"I think I've found a track, what do you think?"

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Titanium

Post by Titanium »

DiamondGirl wrote:I think this one has potential, T. True, it splashes out at lowest level, but it does appear to have some movement, and it's not like some inclusions where they just appear without any track at all. I'd say it's a 50/50. Smile
Thanks for the input. I am not sure if it one as well, so we'll find out I guess! Also, keep up the great work DiamondGirl. I know you are probably a bit discouraged from your HA track, but don't let it get you down too much. (Maybe they'll include your poem in the final report, so you will get your name in there that way at least :wink:)

fjgiie wrote:It is difficult for me to say that 867179V1 is a high angle track. It could be I guess. If you clicked at the top end of it, that is probably the lowest point.

The only thing you and I can do as far as checking if you are the first to click is this: If we find it in the list of h a tracks then we could say someone else was first. If we don't find it there that does not help much because I believe there are many tracks of all kinds that have not been looked at yet. I did not see your "possible" in that list.

To check the list you must be familiar with the way the 50 micron movies were divided up from the 100 micron movies. A good explanation was posted in Wierd movie. Down at the bottom is a diagram by jsmaje that is very good. You can see that all the lens specks are on the right side and have names. Your movie comes from the left side, no lens specks.
I love the names for the specks. I did check all the possible HA tracks from the candidate list, and did not see anything similar there. I think it is a worth candidate in that it should be at least checked. Whether or not there is something there is another question. Thanks again for the input.
A journey of 1000 miles begin with just one step.
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Take a look at this CM it has the free point type speck but if you go down the focus bar it looks like there may be one of the low angle type hits just below and to the right of the free bee point speck,going left to right.
9197969V1

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1

Not sure but this could snag a few folks into a error point?

Added 8/16/07 : Here is a what looks like a low angle shot or close to it anyways,so I clicked it and you know it tagged me with a error point,bummer.
It could use a look at with a little bit better focus,it's about a 1/2 inch from the left about mid way down going left to right,about 1/4-1/2" long.
6726345V1

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... s=?243,343

Roy Ezell 8)
"And That is why you fail!"
Yoda
fjgiie
DustMod

Help

Post by fjgiie »

This is a clip of CM9197969 (enlarged)

Hi Roy,

I would have done the same thing you did on above movie. And you know what? Every duster that I know would jump all over that circle.

Do not feel too bad about 6726345V1 because when you think you see a track, you should click on it. Apparently that was a clear calibration movie. That is an awful short high angle track. Have you looked how long some of these are?
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Thanks fjgiie,

I saw the cm hit speck and as always I do the last roll up and down before moving on and saw a wave like look to the page and had to do a doubletake on it, And I thought someone else may have seen what I saw so I posted it here to see what others thought about it.

Yea that second one was kind of D if you do or D if you don't and I'm the D if you do kind of guy,So one more hit to the error counter.

I had a look at all the ones listed on the site and yea they are long for the most part but they all had shock wave looks to the front impact area and that little one had the same wave? Maybe it skipped like a stone on a pond and that is were it came to rest and only made the small slice in the gel. <--- This was my thinking.

Whats up with all the out of focus movies and why if you hit bad focus you get anywhere from 1 to 4 more out of focus movies in a row?
It drives me crazy on dial up, It takes up alot of extra time down loading lots of bad focus movies!

Once more" Thanks fjgiie! "

Roy Ezell 8)
Yoda
stardust1

Who shot movie 8715573V1?

Post by stardust1 »

I think there is a hole in movie 8715573V1 8) 1 1 Indeterminate (phase 2)
What do you think?

Thanks
Wir leben in einer Zeit vollkommener Mittel und verworrener Ziele. (Albert Einstein)
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Homer would be proud,DOUGHNUUUUUTTT!!!

heehee :lol:
Yoda
marcia

Post by marcia »

I hope for you that's a track. It looks like the things in the candidate-list
Marcella
stardust1

Post by stardust1 »

Hi Marcella,
Thanks for your kind reply.
marcia wrote:... It looks like the things in the candidate-list..
I am not so sure about because that tiny shiny dot in the center could also be a surface feature. I'm confident with that click anyway and it shows the potential of the high mag movies.
As you, Roy Ezell, mentioned it could also give the impression of a toroidal shaped structure (or did you just think of eating?). Hopefully it's not a doughnut (laying on the gel).
Any other opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
-stardust1
Wir leben in einer Zeit vollkommener Mittel und verworrener Ziele. (Albert Einstein)
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

stardust1 wrote:Hi Marcella,
Thanks for your kind reply.
marcia wrote:... It looks like the things in the candidate-list..
I am not so sure about because that tiny shiny dot in the center could also be a surface feature. I'm confident with that click anyway and it shows the potential of the high mag movies.
As you, Roy Ezell, mentioned it could also give the impression of a toroidal shaped structure (or did you just think of eating?). Hopefully it's not a doughnut (laying on the gel).
Any other opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
-stardust1
Only one pic on the focus bar looks like a glob of gel with a small glob or mole like thing on the surface of the big blob,BUT the rest of the pics look like a chamber that blooms out,It very well could be something to check out thats for sure.
Nice snag I hope it turns out to be something, Good Luck!!!

Roy Ezell

P.S. yes I was hungry! :mrgreen:
Yoda
Titanium

Re: Who shot movie 8715573V1?

Post by Titanium »

stardust1 wrote:I think there is a hole in movie 8715573V1 8) 1 1 Indeterminate (phase 2)
What do you think?

Thanks
Looks like it could be mostly on the surface, but worth a click nonetheless. A worthy candidate.
A journey of 1000 miles begin with just one step.
Roy Ezell

Post by Roy Ezell »

Here is a dirty one for sure.
But I think I found something?
1 inch down from the top and 1 7/8" from the left on the small somewhat clear area,If you roll the focus bar up and down in the middle of the focus bar you will see something that does not move with the rest of the junk on this movie.
4 views so far and I'm the only one to tag it,Am I seeing something others are not?

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6251010V1

Roy Ezell 8)
Yoda
padde

Post by padde »

2965266V1 1 1 Indeterminate

Beginning of a HA Track?!

I did not yet crosscheck with the candidate list of phase I.
stardust1

Post by stardust1 »

padde wrote:2965266V1 1 1 Indeterminate

Beginning of a HA Track?!

I did not yet crosscheck with the candidate list of phase I.
Those h.a.'s are true friends:
they don't hide or mask
they are rare but not 1:1,000,000,000 like those nasty IS tracks
and you can meet them frequently
Nice find!

On Movie 6251010V1 sorry, I see nothing but surface dust, maybe a slight shadow focussing down.
gbell

...Options.........

Post by gbell »

DiamondGirl

Post by DiamondGirl »

Roy Ezell wrote:1 inch down from the top and 1 7/8" from the left on the small somewhat clear area,If you roll the focus bar up and down in the middle of the focus bar you will see something that does not move with the rest of the junk on this movie.
4 views so far and I'm the only one to tag it,Am I seeing something others are not?

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6251010V1
I spent a few minutes scrutinizing Roy, but I just don't see it. ? It's possible I'm not looking at the right spot, but nothing seems to get clearer as you go below surface. Is it possible that the view you're getting on your PC / screen is just a little clearer? I know settings and monitor sizes play a difference, because it's much harder for me to see things on my home PC than on my work PC. So maybe that's the difference here. ???