Track agreements?

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Oberon

Track agreements?

Post by Oberon »

Ok, so I flag a track at a specific spot in a focus movie. I look at the Event and see that 5 other people also flagged the movie as having a track. Does the agreement mean that they saw a track at the same spot that I did or could it be some place else in the same movie?

Oberon
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

It means they have clicked the same movie only. The track coordinates by users are known only to the StarDust team.
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
Perttu

Post by Perttu »

Actually, if I'm not entirely mistaken;
If a movie has already been flagged by someone, the frame number and coordinates clicked on are displayed at the end of the URL. Whether or not it changes as more people click on the track(s), I don't know.
petterip

Re: Track agreements?

Post by petterip »

Oberon wrote: Does the agreement mean that they saw a track at the same spot that I did or could it be some place else in the same movie?
Briefly (in my opinion); it could be someplace else.
While not stardusting, I'd rather be driving with my Alfa.
icebike

Post by icebike »

Perttu wrote:Actually, if I'm not entirely mistaken;
If a movie has already been flagged by someone, the frame number and coordinates clicked on are displayed at the end of the URL. Whether or not it changes as more people click on the track(s), I don't know.
That's true of the CLICK. The click sends back all those details to the database.

But the agreements seems to be based ONLY on the fact that a particular movie was click somewhere by someone. It might have been clicked in a different location, (I've seen some that have multiple suspect objects).