Best way to save a movie?

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

clbehl

Best way to save a movie?

Post by clbehl »

What's the best way to save a movie?

Thanks...
Chris
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

save? not exactly sure what you mean...
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

If it's a movie you've clicked on as a potential track, it will be in your 'myevents' section. If you didn't click on it, although it is possible, what would be the point?
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
ramrom

Post by ramrom »

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[WINDOWS LOGIN NAME]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

every movie is there. Actually it is a series of pictures. Not a movie. Each focus range is another picture. Copy them to a folder and sort them in order of date and you can use the Windows Fax Viewer to scan through them.

Probably a good idea to clean out your Temporary Internet Files before you start scanning the movies that way you want have to sort through all the other thousands of cache files there. You can not view these jpgs from the Temporary Internet Files folder; they have to be copied to a folder of your choice and then they work just like a picture file.

Ray
clbehl

Post by clbehl »

Thanks for your quick reply DustMod,

DustBuster wrote:If it's a movie you've clicked on as a potential track, it will be in your 'myevents' section. If you didn't click on it, although it is possible, what would be the point?
I have seen movies "linked" in various posts that include the whole movie in question...so that we can play them back and get our opinions.

The "screen saves" of a single frame have been useful also, but not as effective as running the whole enchilada.

This could be a way too basic question, but I can't figure out how it's done.

Thanks again....
Chris
clbehl

Post by clbehl »

Thanks ramrom....I get it!
ramrom wrote:Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[WINDOWS LOGIN NAME]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

every movie is there. Actually it is a series of pictures. Not a movie. Each focus range is another picture. Copy them to a folder and sort them in order of date and you can use the Windows Fax Viewer to scan through them.

Probably a good idea to clean out your Temporary Internet Files before you start scanning the movies that way you want have to sort through all the other thousands of cache files there. You can not view these jpgs from the Temporary Internet Files folder; they have to be copied to a folder of your choice and then they work just like a picture file.

Ray
Chris
ramrom

Post by ramrom »

Take each frame and animated it in some sort of animation program. You can reformat them to a gif file and use microsoft gif animator. Or probably use a movie maker and combine each jpg as a frame and make a movie. However, I like the fax viewer. You can scan real fast and see the progression that way and back or forward each frame just as in the stardust program.

I am a picture nut so I like to collect an put them together as well to show them to people. Fun to play around with.
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

you can also just make a link to the movie in the database (as long as it isn't a calibration movie). just change the movie id at the end of this url:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=41096

and when you're posting the movie, it's compact to do it like this:
movie 41096
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
clbehl

Post by clbehl »

ramrom & mwhiz,

Thanks for the instructions from both of you today!

Both techniques are exactly what I wanted to accomplish.

Back to dusting..... :shock:
Chris
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Moved.
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH