Saying a sad goodbye to friends

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

SmithES

Saying a sad goodbye to friends

Post by SmithES »

Mike, DanZ, Westfall, and all good friends, I have developed some serious health problems-to be expected at my age (b.6-20-29) and am resigning from all my computer responsibilities. I'll never really leave you---because too many precious memories are embedded in my heart. Joined in August 2006, and it has been a fun, educational, and personally enjoyable experience. I'll keep checking back for latest news, but will no longer be an active "Duster." Much love and appreciation to all of you for what you have meant to me. My life has been enriched beyond anything I could ever have thought possible! Imagine! ME! A duster for NASA! Will cherish those memories forever! Love to all, Evelyn R. Smith ERSTRS@aol.com
caprarom

Re: Saying a sad goodbye to friends

Post by caprarom »

Evelyn, it's comforting to know you'll still be checking in on us. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers. Mike
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Oh Evelyn, so sorry to hear about your health issues. I too had to retire from dusting some time ago (coming up to a mere 70) but have retained my interest, including in your contributions to the telecons and excellent summaries. Will you not be able to continue those either?

As an atheist I don't pray, but may your personal God bless you.
John
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

What a sweet message----Sad that you had to retire from dusting, too! I thought I surely was the only one. My friendship with Stardusters has been rewarding and fun. Hate to give it up, but no longer have the energy to continue with telecons and summaries. Losing my abililty to type and post, etc. But your comments and the great friendship I've enjoyed will be with me forever. I love all of you "guys..." Evelyn
McAngus

Post by McAngus »

Dear Evelyn,
just today I saw your post in the forum.
I am very sad to hear such news from you.
Over these years, your care and your perseverance in our search have been a model for all of us.
Thus, I like to say you just a single word: Thanks.
With deep love.
Augusto
ad augusta per angusta
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Dear Evelyn,

We've been dreading this more official announcement since your previous post here, because frankly, it's hard for us to imagine what this project will be like without you! The Berkeley team has been so blessed by not only your dedication to the project, but also your warmth, good cheer, and friendship all these many years.

We plan to send you something a little more thoughtful/personal from the whole team in the regular mail, but in the meantime, please know that our thoughts are with you and that we will MISS YOU!! Rest assured too that your contributions to the project truly made a difference in this world and will live on.

With MUCH appreciation and best wishes,

The Stardust@home team