Phase VII

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

nitram819

Re: Phase VII

Post by nitram819 »

DanZ wrote:
When you go to http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/stardust/catalog/index.cfm, a page "loads" and when it's done, you get sort of a blank looking screen, but there are four drop down menus at top as follows with all sorts of tables and other data: Catalog Information, Search Catalog, Cometary Samples, Interstellar Samples. If it works on my old computer at home, it should work anywhere, but let me know. Perhaps it doesn't work in Chrome? That's a typical issues for such things. It also requires an updated version of Adobe Flash, which you can get here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Dan
Hi DanZ,

I am able to open the four tabs that you are referring without any issues. The problem is if you go to the 'Interstellar Samples' tab and select 'Interstellar Tracks' for example, you can choose a track from a list on the left side (lets say track # 4) and then you will see the track information page. On that page, there are other tabs available (Details, Track Subsample, Notes, Photos, Related Documents). If you go to Related Documents, it will list several files related to that track (MS Word, Excel, PDF documents), but I have not been able to open any of them. This is where I get a 'page cannot be displayed' error after I click on the document.
But the Photos section is working fine, lots of cool pictures there that I have not seen before.

Martin
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

SmithES wrote:Dan Z, Could we have the list of active Dusters back on the site? One of the joys of dusting has been the friends I've made along the way. I checked the list daily to see how my friends were doing---I can't believe that I am now disconnected and do not even know if they signed up for Phase VII or not. There has been a closeness between us that will quickly disappear if we no longer know who our fellow-dusters are. SmithES - ERSTRS - Evelyn
We've currently got the Top 50 now listed under "Ranks -> Phase VII" but you can just click on http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... phase-vii/

Let me know if you don't see it!

We'll make this the Top 100 down the line (once more people have had a chance to improve and post scores).

Thanks for sticking with us!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

SmithES wrote:Dan, Is there any way we can view the movies in which we've missed a track? I've missed tracks in 19 movies, and don't have a clue as to where they are. So, I just keep missing the same tracks over and over. In Phase VI movies with missed tracks were emailed to me. That was so helpful! Can you continue to do that? SmithES, ERSTRS, Evelyn
Yes, the emails of missed power movies are indeed not going out right now, and we're working on it. And thus, this is why caprarom (Mike) is seeing every missed movie in his My Events currently. Once we fix the email program code, then things will go back to the way they were in Phase VI. Estimated fix is sometime this week. Thanks for your patience!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

nitram819 wrote:
DanZ wrote:
When you go to http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/stardust/catalog/index.cfm, a page "loads" and when it's done, you get sort of a blank looking screen, but there are four drop down menus at top as follows with all sorts of tables and other data: Catalog Information, Search Catalog, Cometary Samples, Interstellar Samples. If it works on my old computer at home, it should work anywhere, but let me know. Perhaps it doesn't work in Chrome? That's a typical issues for such things. It also requires an updated version of Adobe Flash, which you can get here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Dan
Hi DanZ,

I am able to open the four tabs that you are referring without any issues. The problem is if you go to the 'Interstellar Samples' tab and select 'Interstellar Tracks' for example, you can choose a track from a list on the left side (lets say track # 4) and then you will see the track information page. On that page, there are other tabs available (Details, Track Subsample, Notes, Photos, Related Documents). If you go to Related Documents, it will list several files related to that track (MS Word, Excel, PDF documents), but I have not been able to open any of them. This is where I get a 'page cannot be displayed' error after I click on the document.
But the Photos section is working fine, lots of cool pictures there that I have not seen before.

Martin
Hi Martin,

I see now what you meant and will report this to Johnson Space Center to see if they can fix.

Thanks!

Dan
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Evelyn & Mike. Regarding lists of current dusters and their stats, would you find it of interest if I revive my ‘Top 100 stats’ site, providing a more graphic and interactive presentation of the raw data?

If also interested in your and others skill score (as included in my previous graphs comparing it to power score) the site will need to provide the relevant data for everyone as it did before.

John
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

John, while I was checking your site fairly regularly in Phase VI, I don't think it's worth your effort for just a couple dusters. Of course, I don't know how much work it involves. I suspect your time dusting is more valuable, unless the newer dusters would find it of interest.
Mike
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Re: List of active Dusters VII----YES! DanZ, I found them, easily. I feel like I'm part of the Team again now (#13) instead of being lost in outer space all alone. The new VII site is awesome! THANKS! Evelyn ERSTRS, SmithES
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Mike, thanks for your reply.
The 'Top 100' didn't take much time, but you're right. It didn't add any new information, and though of early interest, was visited by only one or two dusters during recent phases. I'd expected your response but felt I should ask.
Good. I can now free up space for my latest non-Stardust wheeze concerning clock puzzles!
John