What a 75 point track looks like!

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

SmithES

What a 75 point track looks like!

Post by SmithES »

Hey, guys, Miracle of miracles----I saw a faint horizontal streak on left side- a little above middle. Had no idea it was a track, but clicked on it because it looked odd to me. Couldn't believe it when my Power Score jumped from 12897 to 12972! Thought I'd post it to help others who might see same movie. Evelyn ERSTRS, SmithES
Screen shot 2012-09-28 at 1.27.16 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-09-28 at 1.27.16 PM.png (129.52 KiB) Viewed 19702 times
jsmaje

Re: What a 75 point track looks like!

Post by jsmaje »

Amazing Elaine! I had to look long and hard at high magnification to find that one; the current PMs can be quite cheeky can’t they?
Sadly, I’ll probably miss it next time that it comes around as a PM, and more importantly if anything similar were instead to turn out to be a real track.
John
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hey, John, It's a VERTICLE track. Must not have been thinking clearly when I sent it. So, hope you were looking at the real track. It's verticle---just below the large dark blob.
Evelyn (aka: ERSTRS & SmithES)
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Don’t worry Evelyn. I found your track on the assumption that ‘horizontal’ (whether you meant it or not) was equivalent to a HAT, namely ‘high-angle’ to the perpendicular of the collector surface, regardless of 2D orientation in the movie.
Incidentally, it must puzzle new dusters if they look up old posts that the original impact designation HAT is now a LAT & vice versa.

Maybe we should describe movie tracks in terms both of 2D alignment, for example as hour-hand clock number positions from their perceived point of entry, as well as 3rd dimensional impact direction. Yours might then be called a “12HAT” or, being at a slight angle, “1HAT” perhaps? I wonder what terminology the team actually use.

John
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

Truly amazing!
And hello again fellow dusters, after a series of events that keep me away during phase IV I'm back :mrgreen:

P.D.: Credits also to Robert who helps me to regain access to my forum account since the forum was hating me :lol:
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Welcome back, Shigeru.
Mike C.