Question about track finders privilege

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

barbara83

Question about track finders privilege

Post by barbara83 »

Hello Stardusters! My mom wanted to ask some questions but she hasnt managed to log on here yet. She has been dusting here for a quite long time and recently she saw on the candidates news an angled movie track - VM code - 3997562V1 - and it seems that my mom - Irena55 is the only finder of this track and she found this track in Phase II. I realise that most of those tracks are still being analyzed but i don't understand why this track has already name - Ninkasi? We thought that the privilege of naming has the finder. Is there a way or a person who would give me some information or an email adress to find out? We will be grateful for any answers ;)
Greetings :D
fjgiie
DustMod

Re: Question about track finders privilege

Post by fjgiie »

barbara83 wrote:Hello Stardusters! My mom wanted to ask some questions but she hasnt managed to log on here yet. She has been dusting here for a quite long time and recently she saw on the candidates news an angled movie track - VM code - 3997562V1 - and it seems that my mom - Irena55 is the only finder of this track and she found this track in Phase II. I realise that most of those tracks are still being analyzed but i don't understand why this track has already name - Ninkasi? We thought that the privilege of naming has the finder. Is there a way or a person who would give me some information or an email adress to find out? We will be grateful for any answers ;)
Greetings :D
Hello Barbara83,

I can help you if you like.
There were two movies of the same piece of dust.
A movie in Phase 1 had that piece of dust in it and bweeg was the first to click on it. It was movie number 9982449V1

Irena55 found the same piece of dust magnified larger in phase II in movie number 3997562V1
barbara83

Re: Question about track finders privilege

Post by barbara83 »

Thank you, everything is clear now. ;) We haven't noticed that pieces of dust are the same. Everything makes sense now.
Greetings :P