My Events comments

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

nitram819

My Events comments

Post by nitram819 »

I started noticing this morning that comments are now showing under My Events (I like!). Anyone else noticing these or did someone from the Red team go through my own event list and commented on the ones that are relevant.

Just curious on how this works.

Martin
caprarom

Re: My Events comments

Post by caprarom »

Martin, Red Team members (of which I'm one) do not have access to your events log. Those comments are from the Berkeley Team. They've cropped up in my own events log as well, and yes - it's very good to see them! Regards,

Mike C.
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

caprarom wrote:Those comments are from the Berkeley Team. They've cropped up in my own events log as well, and yes - it's very good to see them!
I agree! Though many of those commented on in my Events List have turned out to be fiducials or surface features, there seem to be quite a number of "2.00 tracks", though none at any other "o'clock" orientations for some reason.

My understanding is that these are most likely to be IP particles deflected from one of the solar panels - I guess the one on the right of the collector? - but will they nevertheless be eventually analysed in any detail just in case of being an off-kilter or deflected IS particle?

John
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Anna B. made that happen - glad you approve. I think anytime a comment is made in the Candidate Database, it will show up where appropriate in MyEvents (i.e., there's now a direct link between the two).

Regarding John's questions, my understanding is that the first few "2:00 tracks" were analyzed and showed very little probability of being interstellar, and thus analysis on others of this nature ceased when priority shifted to the more promising midnight tracks. Nevertheless, I will ask for details.

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

DanZ wrote:Regarding John's questions, my understanding is that the first few "2:00 tracks" were analyzed and showed very little probability of being interstellar, and thus analysis on others of this nature ceased when priority shifted to the more promising midnight tracks. Nevertheless, I will ask for details.
Apparently that is basically it - unpromising results from "2:00" tracks, thus emphasis is currently on more promising midnight tracks.

DZ
eagle

Post by eagle »

Hi all,

because the values into My events
Follow this link for Your Phase IV Events and Rankings
and
Follow this link for Your Phase V Events and Rankings

in particular
Total Movies Viewed: 13508
Your Rank: 0 out of 31605

are equal?
they are temporary?

DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

I see what you mean eagle, same thing is happening for me. I will look into it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Should be fixed now eagle.

Thanks by the way, it was a great catch!

Dan
eagle

Post by eagle »

Dan,

is not fixed yet...

into
Statistics from Phase Four for
Your Rank: 0 out of 31609

into
Statistics from Phase Five for
Your Rank: 31603 out of 31609